Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: screenshot?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default screenshot?
    Is there an easy way to get a screenshot from the phone? I saw a TUT on hackmyiphone.com but it was very complicated and required a couple different programs. I see a lot of screenshot pictures posted all over so there must be an easy way to get them.

I'm using jailbreak/iphoneinterface/windows xp

You need to install SSH and then use WinSCP to be able to add the 3rd party apps.
    Then, you can copy screenshot-utility to /bin and set permissions:755.
    Then, you can open terminal in WinSCP and type /bin/screenshot. it will save PNG file in tmp folder.

Or, You can install Installer.app and set permissions:755 to Installer/ditto.
    And then, Update and install Community Sources/Erica's Utilities. Use these command.
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

beNonentity1.0_/ beNonentity2.0_/ beNonentity3.1_/ beNonentity4.0_/
    DockTemplate_/ Dimming Dock_/ beNonentity4.1_Dock_/
    **Files above were made in Aug'07. No longer update.
    Clear Dock_/ Ocean_/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, but I don't really understand. I'm new to all this, I've managed to do ringtones, change icons, rename and re-order things on my iPhone by following the various instructions. But this is a little over my head.

I've done this... http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_...h_windows.html

But when I get to the very last step (#17) I'm stumped. For some reason I can't unzip that binkit. So, I just downloaded the screenshot-utility that you posted and when I unzip that I see a file called screenshot and if I try to open that it says my system isn't configured to view that type of file.

Once again, I don't really know anything about this type of stuff but it has been a lot of fun learing. Any way you could "dumb it down" for me?

If you already SSH to your iPhone, you are ready to copy 'screenshot' to /bin. all you need to do is change the permission to 755.
    (Right click>Properties>0755)
    Last edited by Mandara; 09-01-2007 at 08:46 PM. Reason: (Right click>Properties>0755)
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

beNonentity1.0_/ beNonentity2.0_/ beNonentity3.1_/ beNonentity4.0_/
    DockTemplate_/ Dimming Dock_/ beNonentity4.1_Dock_/
    **Files above were made in Aug'07. No longer update.
    Clear Dock_/ Ocean_/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I got it to work!!!

I didn't think I had the SSH fully installed but I'm able to get the screenshot .png so I guess it's good. Funny thing... I race motorcycles and my number is #755 so when I saw that it was a little freaky.

So now I just have to do some searching on how to install other apps like voice recorder. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by MotoGreg; 09-01-2007 at 08:53 PM. Reason: add pictures

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is sooo much better than trying to take a picture with a camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -homescreen.png   -unlock.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice MotoGreg!

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Easiest way would be...use installer...download Dock version 2.05...choose screenshot feature...screenshot will be stored in your camera roll folder. Great app btw...love it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoocesWild's Avatar
    Thanks

You say you're trying to figure out how to install more apps? Easiest way, get iBrickr, install the installer.app, and download away. From here, like the post above me, use the newest version of Dock to get your screenshots, and it even saves them into your photo roll, so you can simply grab them when you plug it in (the only folder initially visible to windows is the photo roll, and you can simply drag and drop from there).
    -DoocesWild

Hello to all,i feel lost y is it i cant get these icons to change i am using ibrickr with windows xp.I guess i have no clue i was able to do the ringtones with it and love it but now i am ready to move on.Please Help

Question..i got that done with the screenshot...how do i unload the pictures from the photo roll?..and how do i take a screenshot of the Duracell battery?

Thanks DoocesWild
    Last edited by Ushki; 09-05-2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ushki View Post
    Question..i got that done with the screenshot...how do i unload the pictures from the photo roll?..and how do i take a screenshot of the Duracell battery?

Thanks DoocesWild
    to unload your pictures, all you should have to do is connect your iphone to your computer. then go to "my computer" and you should see that one of the icons says "iphone" or something similar to that...you can open that up and all of your pictures on your camera roll will be in there.

as for taking a screenshot of the duracell battery, i believe you actually have to install screenshot using WinSCP and take the screenshot using that method, but i'm not sure. haven't used screenshot from the Dock program, don't like it much.