Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone won't restore, or boot.

Default iphone won't restore, or boot.
    I purchased a 1.0.2 OTB virgin iPhone. I attempted to run iBrickr. Everything went smoothly until the point where it put it into restore mode. The phone restarted, displayed the yellow triangle, and the "connect to iTunes" dialog. Then, I get a bunch of unix code scrolling, then phone restarts. It repeats this over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Then, iBrickr stops recognizing phone. iTunes doesn't recognize phone either. So I force it to shut off, reboot my computer, and restart iTunes. I power the iPhone back on, and hold down the home button. iTunes now recognizes the iPhone, and asks me to restore. I do the shift+restore method, and select the 1.0.2 file. It goes through the whole deal, says "restoring firmware" then "verifying firmware". Then, it goes back to the yellow triangle and "connect to iTunes" message. I reboot phone, and now it's back to the same old unix code scrolling repetition again.

This is getting really old. NOTHING I try on my Windows PC will get this phone working. Somebody PLEASE help me.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

look for "endless reboot fix"
    If i helped hit Thanks!

I think you're not getting what I'm saying.

I've already been through that. Put the phone in DFU mode, the iTunes restore did not work.

Is there any way I can restore it up to 1.1.1?

I'm having the same issue after attempting the endless reboot fix as well.

**** this.

I'm going to attempt to restore this ***** to 1.1.3, sell it on ebay, cut my losses, buy a new phone from Apple and switch to AT&T. This is stupid.

You can't downgrade from 1.12 to 1.02. You have to "step" down. Go to 1.1.1

Then from there go to 1.02

The phone is 1.0.2. That hasn't changed.

Go ahead and update to the new 1.1.3 firmware then downgrade to 1.1.1 jailbreak then update to 1.1.2 then jailbreak that then finally update to 1.1.3 jailbreak. i have done a few of my friends phones with no problems. if you need more help IM me and I will help you out..

Quote Originally Posted by Vatche View Post
    Go ahead and update to the new 1.1.3 firmware then downgrade to 1.1.1 jailbreak then update to 1.1.2 then jailbreak that then finally update to 1.1.3 jailbreak. i have done a few of my friends phones with no problems. if you need more help IM me and I will help you out..
    Instructions / links?

If you have the scrolling code loop problem after using ibrickr or something and even the holding the home button boot up trick isnt working and you still get the scrolling code and cant restore...

Reboot your computer. THEN try holding the home button while plugging in your usb, should be able to restore at this point. hope this helps!

I did get it restored to 1.1.3. Now I'm just waiting on instructions to downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak so I can unlock it.

I'll tell you what I need a new screen as I broke mine I'll give you $100 for it. Let me know.
    Thanks

I'll tell you what I need a new screen as I broke mine I'll give you $100 for it. Let me know.
    Thanks

Restore through iTunes and use this guide to upgrade and jailbreak 1.1.3. It worked for me. Guide