Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Itunes sync problem after mods

Default Itunes sync problem after mods
    I customized my iphone a lil bit by replacing various icons using windows and following the instructions presented in the guide on here using jail break etc etc. Everything was cool... however now when i connect my phone and open itunes i cannot get it to sync. It will say sync in progess but only for a second or two and disappear. I cannot add anything else to the iphone.....

Is there anything i need to do before trying to sync it?? Do i have to open iphoneinterface or something like that before??

Please help
    Thanks

I had the same problem. I had to restore my phone back to normal, therefore, undoing my mod! According to bluewoodboarder, you need to run iphoneinterface to place a service.plist file somewhere. I don't know if he means before, after, or during the jailbreaking process. If he doesn't respond on here, you can check the skinning creation forum and find "what to do with an .ipb file" and see what he says.

Yeah and sometimes it may be that a process that needs to be running got shut down. Try rebooting your phone and computer before you go all out and restore.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Old School Gaming Matrix
    Deviant Art
    "Don't think you can, know you can"

I tired rebooting and restarting the computer and iphone.... i also tried replacing services.plist back into /system/library/lockdown to relock the phone.... but it still will not sync with itunes. Any other guesses???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, having the same problem, don't think anyone here knows... Poetic Folly and I spent awhile trying to get mine fixed last night, no clue... Any help is greatly appreciated here...

i read in another forum some guy saying he uninstalled and reinstalled itunes and it was able to sync again... so im gonna try that tonight... tell u how it goes

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irish7777 View Post
    i read in another forum some guy saying he uninstalled and reinstalled itunes and it was able to sync again... so im gonna try that tonight... tell u how it goes
    If the restore is not working, then usually reinstalling iTunes will solve the problem. Get back to us on your success (or lack thereof)!

this is what the guy told me in the other forum that got it working for him... im not familiar with this method of moding the iphone at all so if anyone can point me to a guide or explain to me how to use the ssh mod with WinSCP it would be greatly appreciated...

"reinstalling itunes makes it so that it will sync again ( i only ended up reinstalling itunes and rebooting about 10 times total) now i just use the ssh mod with WinSCP and don't worry about iphoneinterface or anything like that.. works like a charm! no more sync problems."

mine sees it, lets it sync but refuses to let me manage waht it syncs (i'm sick of the same two movies)

Quote Originally Posted by irish7777 View Post
    this is what the guy told me in the other forum that got it working for him... im not familiar with this method of moding the iphone at all so if anyone can point me to a guide or explain to me how to use the ssh mod with WinSCP it would be greatly appreciated...

"reinstalling itunes makes it so that it will sync again ( i only ended up reinstalling itunes and rebooting about 10 times total) now i just use the ssh mod with WinSCP and don't worry about iphoneinterface or anything like that.. works like a charm! no more sync problems."
    So what exactly did you do? I have had the same problem. My phone only lets me sync about 10 songs at a time. Any more than that or a video wont work.
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile