Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: screen prob help..

Default screen prob help..
    i jus got my iPhone 1G a couple of days ago as a gift.. i noticed the lower 1/2 inch touch screen is not working.. wen i read abt it in the forums, many had similar problem.. is there any way to correct it.. im in india n i got this frm the US.. so cant get it exchanged frm the applestore.. is there n patch or something for this??

Thanks!!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

You can try a restore on the phone, however thats usually a hardware defect and requires a new phone.

You can call Apple or go online and they will send you a box to ship it to them for warranty work and then they will ship it back. However, if you have unlocked it, your warranty is void.

Thanks for the reply..

no its unlocked phone only.. so sendin to apple s not an option.. also i read something abt general.plist.. however i didnt understand it completely.. is it worth tweakin with??? already i upgraded to firmware 2.0 on the first day n i then i had to revert everything back after some difficulty (error 1604 came n i couldnt do anythin then i tried on another comp n it worked) so reg. tweakin things i thought first i ll get to know my iPhone first then do it.. is general.plist safe n does it work??

P.S i kno a semi-noob.. i hav a PDA n i tweak it often..

Pls help!!