+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Move Videos to Iphone without Itunes

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Sorry i have been looking, maybe not using the right keywords. But is there a way to put a movie on my phone without itunes. I came across a nice
    Thanks

Default Move Videos to Iphone without Itunes
    Sorry i have been looking, maybe not using the right keywords. But is there a way to put a movie on my phone without itunes. I came across a nice new will smith movie that is a dvd screener I want to put on my phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me LeathaFace's Avatar
    Thanks

Are u trying to rip a dvd or are u saying u have a copy already on ur pc?
    If u already have a copy then I use an online (free) video Iphone converter google "Videora" and d/l & install the converter it has very few and east to follow steps and soon as its finished converting it automatically puts the file into iTunes and u can just sync up.

P.S. I know u said u didnt wanna use iTunes but I understand what ur saying *wink* and trust me u'll be fine using this method.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Is it really important to mention (or even hint at what movie), no one cares that you are stealing so stop being an idiot.

As for your response, convert it and put it in iTunes (they won't turn you in) and then sync it.

Other then that, I don't think there is any way to put a movie on.

Thanks

the amount of people that get on here and are just rude are beyond me if it bothers u than mind your own business and dont worry about it. Im trying to get around itunes be cause i dont have it at work. I have everything converted i just need to get it on my phone so thanks for the help there videoda is a great program

Thanks

Why do people want to complicate things so much?

Just put your movies in itunes. If you can't do it at work (and you probably shouldn't be anyway) just do it at home.
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

if you dont like it keep it to yourself it was a simple question. Not everything needs an opinion from the peanut gallery

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All this person asked was a simple question and some of you had to give him/her a hard time. You people need to grow up and keep your 2 cents to yourselves. If you dont have any positive feedback then dont post anything.

Jordan

Thanks

I just offered some simple straight-forward advice to someone that has difficulty performing a simple task.

jrdn24, off you go, go help mother with her shopping or something
    To live, you have to lie

My iPhone is a Part of Me Digital Oxygen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrdan24 View Post
    If you dont have any positive feedback then dont post anything.

Jordan
    Says Jordan, the post NAZI....

Ahh, the beauty of Internet FORUMS, where everyone can ask whatever they want, and where everyone else can post whatever THEY want. See how this works? You don't like an answer? Here's a novel idea. DON'T READ IT!

Jesus, some of you kids are complete t00ls. You want to post whatever you want, but get your panties in a bunch when someone replies with an answer you don't like. Go make your own forums, that way you can moderate the hell out of users' replies... see how long that'll last.

I guess the idea of a public internet forum eludes some of you, don't it.
    Search NAZI

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gavakie View Post
    Sorry i have been looking, maybe not using the right keywords. But is there a way to put a movie on my phone without itunes. I came across a nice new will smith movie that is a dvd screener I want to put on my phone.
    well besides everyone being really rude...

if your work have wifi there then i think your should use orb, you can just stream those movies over to your phone.

if your work doesnt have it, then i dont think there is an alt for your putting movies on an iphone
    T-mobile Unlocked 1.1.4!

Thanks

I appreciate the help from people that actually want to help. Anyone has a right to say what they want the point is this is suppose to a forum for help. If someone has a question there looking for help not for someone to be a complete jack-off to them. Maybe the question has been answered maybe it hasnt but if it really bothers you that maybe someones not as technincal or searching for something using the wrong key words then maybe you shouldnt bother being in a forum like this maybe you should look for a forum called bitter pricks or I think I am better than everyone else.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

don't know if anyone is still looking for this but I do it this way (I use linux=no itunes )
    Jailbreak,
    install lighthttpd,
    install php,
    download the php directory generator pages by DeathPrawn for viewing local files on the phone (http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ht=php+listing),
    modify the line that adds all files/directories as links to the list (in between li tags if i remember right) so that if the file ends in .mp4 then its embedded in the page rather than being a link
    visit 127.0.0.1 in safari and your videos will be displayed in DeathPrawns theme with little play buttons next to them. Hit play and the video will stream through safari.

then in future you just scp the videos to the Sites directory of your iphone/ipod touch and they'll automatically show up on your local pages.

iPhone? More like MyPhone OneRing2Rule's Avatar
    Thanks

Try here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=156358

It worked like a charm for me, no kidding. (hint: set up where movies are loaded from, or everything gets shoved into music videos....

OneRing2Rule
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Newbies can use some third party freeware to manage their iPhone contents.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Why do people want to complicate things so much?

Just put your movies in itunes. If you can't do it at work (and you probably shouldn't be anyway) just do it at home.
    Sorry, as a noob here I may be overstepping the mark but....

What was that all about? Pour guy just wants, like a lot of us, to not be tied to iTunes apron strings! personally, I use iTunes for my apps, and until recently, was using MediaMonkey for my music because my work PC only has 140Gb HDD and was getting full! I d/l all my apps @ work because I didn't have an unmetered connection @ home.

Unfortunatly MEDIAmonkey seems to think media is just music as it won't transfer movies! I am unable to find ANY apps that will allow me to copy the compressed m4v file to my iPhone 5, even though I own the DVD that I ripped. As I stated previously, I can't copy my movies onto my synced itunes PC unless I take the 1Tb HDD from my home machine & iTunes won't let you sync with 2 machines!!!

So I say, answer the guys question or at least cut him some slack!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I use Ubuntu linux so iTunes is not an option (thank god). I just plug it in and it mounts the entire root of the iPhone os as a drive on my desk top. I can then transfer what I like to any part of the phone (sometimes with some permission changes). I use rhythmbox for easier media transfer.
    Linux=Freedom.

I had to transfer photos from a nokia to an iPhone when one of our directors upgraded. Apple really didn't want you to do it but after transferring and deleting the photo library files and reboot it rescanned the new photos and they appeared.

If you're not sure about leaving windows you could use the Ubuntu live CD I recommend version 10.04. You can also install dual boot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In this high technical world nothing is impossible. There are various tools available that you can use to transfer iPhone files to PC or other devices. If you don't want to use iTunes then you can use third party tool iPhone File Transfer. I have used this tool in same condition and move my videos from iPhone to PC without using iTunes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Try app store app AVPlayer, it uses wifi to transfer to/from PC via web browser and plays most formats smoothly. If you want USB transfer without any additional PC software, try PwnTunes, once the video is transferred to your iPhone, you can either send it to your camera roll or AVPlayer folder with iFile. The third way would be to use bluetooth file transfer with tweaks like Celeste or Airblue sharing. If you need the video to play in your iPod library rather than camera roll, then you need to get Gremlin which is a tweak which comes with Celeste or YourTube

Thanks

Is your iPhone jailbroke? You might try iTools.

Bestman50

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

use vlc media player!! Transfer it movies directly to the vlc player folder in the phone via SSH for using ifunbox..

NO need for conversion