Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: copy iphone contacts TO outlook

Default copy iphone contacts TO outlook
    I need to know if there is a way to copy my iphone contacts back into outlook. That is, I've added numbers to the phone and I want those new numbers to be added to my outlook contacts.

I searched up several different phrases but nothing significant came up.

And no, it doesn't automatically do a two way sync. Any new contacts I add to my iphone doesn't get automatically added to my outlook contacts.

I'm using itunes 7.4 and outlook 2003. Thanks in advance.

Only way I can think of doing this is on a mac. Sync with the mac, and then export the address book to a text file. You can then import this file into outlook. I haven't played with windoZe in years, this is about the most I can be of help...

Doesn't windoZe itunes already sync with outlook? If it does, just set your outlook contacts to be updated by the phone.
    Search NAZI

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Digital Oxygen For This Useful Post:

apeshizz (12-10-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    Only way I can think of doing this is on a mac. Sync with the mac, and then export the address book to a text file. You can then import this file into outlook. I haven't played with windoZe in years, this is about the most I can be of help...

Doesn't windoZe itunes already sync with outlook? If it does, just set your outlook contacts to be updated by the phone.
    Uhh itunes has that option where it says "copy contacts made on iphone to outlook....[group]" but it's greyed out. Someone mentioned that I might have to create groups in outlook to make it ungrey but I have never used outlook before so yes.

Thanks though

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a good question, I was wondering the same thing. My box is also greyed out...I'll look into this as well.

Anyone have a solution for windows???????????????

Oh right I guess I should have mentioned I figured it out. Update to itunes 7.5 or whatever the latest one is, then, go to the preferences and find the iphone tab and delete the "back up".

It'll ask you if you want to do it, say yes, and then it should say something about backing up your iphone and changing more than 5% of your data...it shoudl also mention something about yoru contacts....

I just said yes to all of it. I can't remember if I had to close itunes or resync the iphoen but it works. So my iphone rebacked itself up and it also backed up my contacts into outlook.

ahh yes and everyother time you sync, if there are any changes, it should auto back up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to apeshizz For This Useful Post:

azsol (04-10-2009)

Thanks
    Had a similar problem... but my computer hard drive crashed, and my iphone completely froze up on me, I got a new hard drive SSH'd to my phone and downloaded the contact files from my iphone listed on this thread....

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5781

then I restored my phone copied the files back to the iphone, restarted, sync'd it again, and suddenly all my contacts were backed up in outlook. Its a pain in the ***, but not as bad as copying contacts files from the iphone. Open the files with an SQL program, copy all the data to an excel spreadsheet then import that file into outlook.

Just figured this out incase you still needed help.
    You need to create a contacts group in Outlook, then go to the info tab when you connect your iphone. The box should be grayed out where it says "Put new contacts created on this phone into this group:" If it says something about transferring more than 5% data just ignore it.

Thanks

Thanks, I was looking for this answer as well!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Haha, thanks for the help but this thread was well over a year old my man.

I wish there was a way to send my contacts to my pc through bluetooth that would be awesome

Default Copy Contacts with BUMP
    Bump allows you to select all contacts when you choose to send a Vcard. I transferred my contacts quickly but had to repeatedly Edit & delete my contacts from my old iphone.

Thanks

autthorised your computers

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemax View Post
    I wish there was a way to send my contacts to my pc through bluetooth that would be awesome
    Doesn't iTunes sync with Windows contacts allow for a wireless sync. Pardon my noobness. I rarely use iTunes but know that from iOS 5 (i.e. iPhone 4S) you can opt for wireless sync. I am indeed looking for a way wireless or otherwise to send my contacts to PC without the need of iTunes.
    Last edited by TheBitisU; 03-07-2012 at 03:54 AM.

Indeed, you can wirelessly transfer and import iPhone contacts to your Windows Contacts or Outlook via iTunes just make sure to have the the "Sync with this iPod/iPhone over Wi-Fi" option enabled.

The below video shows another method to copy your iPhone contacts to Outlook on your PC:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2012-03-08_174154.jpg  
    Last edited by Wyman; 04-04-2014 at 07:29 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Spam removed
    In iTunes, with the iPhone selected back up on the left, click the Info tab and make sure Contact syncing is enabled.It will copy everything to the computer.
    Last edited by Cer0; 07-02-2012 at 05:51 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just connect your iPhone to your computer and then wait for it to show up as a device in iTunes. From there, click on the "Info" tab and go down to "Contacts". Select to sync contacts with Outlook and then sync your iPhone. It will copy all contacts from your iPhone to Outlook, including pics if you have any assigned
    Besides, I would like to recommend you an tutorial about How to transfer and backup contacts from iPhone to PC, and How to transfer or copy contacts from iPhone to Mac, really hope they can help you and other iphone fans.
    Last edited by hdoegbp; 07-20-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hdoegbp View Post
    Just connect your iPhone to your computer and then wait for it to show up as a device in iTunes. From there, click on the "Info" tab and go down to "Contacts". Select to sync contacts with Outlook and then sync your iPhone. It will copy all contacts from your iPhone to Outlook, including pics if you have any assigned
    Besides, I would like to recommend you an tutorial about How to transfer and backup contacts from iPhone to PC, and How to transfer or copy contacts from iPhone to Mac, really hope they can help you and other iphone fans.
    Just want to say if anyone is going to follow this method, please make sure to create a backup first. As if it is a new installation of Outlook, this will delete all existing contacts from your iPhone. Better to use iCloud (if you're on iOS 5 or 6.0) to backup contacts. I also find this tool to backup iPhone contacts, it can be used for transferring iPhone contacts to Outlook too.