+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix your IMEI, WiFi & Completly Restore your iPhone

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Well guys, I know you waited a long time for this guide so here it is. I'm sorry it took me so long to post this guide up, but I
    Banned
    Thanks

Smile Fix your IMEI, WiFi & Completly Restore your iPhone
    Well guys, I know you waited a long time for this guide so here it is.

I'm sorry it took me so long to post this guide up, but I was just soo busy with school, term papers, and plus I had some serious back problems a couple of weeks ago that I'm still recovering from. So I hope that this guide can bring your iPhone back to life, and remember, I'm on AIM almost every day during this time, so feel free to IM me and ask questions.

Also, I'd appreciate if you would Donate if my guide helps you out. You can donate to: [email protected] via PayPal
    I really appreciate all your donations.

And now, take a deep breath, and get ready to repair your iPhone!

THIS GUIDE WAS WRITTEN FOR WINDOWS XP USERS, BUT FEEL FREE TO KEEP READING IF YOU HAVE A MAC

Step 1: We will ONLY be working with 2 firmware files here, they are 1.0.2 and 1.1.2

Download these 2 firmware files even if you already have them, as the ones you might have could be corrupt. Also download my iPhone Restore Package. And make sure you have iTunes 7.5 installed, if not, then now would be a good time to go ahead to www.itunes.com and install it.

Firmware 1.0.2:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw

Firmware 1.1.2:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....b_Restore.ipsw

iPhone Restore Package:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/75053525...ckage.rar.html

Step 2: Connect your iPhone to your computer and open up iTunes. By now I expect all of you to know how to properly DFU Restore, and when I say properly I dont mean using the 10 second rule, I mean you acutally gotta listen to the sound your computer makes when a USB device is connected/disconnected.
    Now no matter what iTunes says about your iPhone, ignore it. DFU Restore to 1.1.2

Step 3: Now once your iPhone has been restored to 1.1.2, DFU Restore to 1.0.2, after thats complete, you will get an error 1013. Thats perfectly normal. Now DFU Restore AGAIN to 1.0.2, and again you will get the same error.

Step 4: After thats done, close iTunes and open up AppTappInstaller.exe from my iPhone Restore Package. Select firmware 1.02 and hit next. This will basically get your iPhone out of Restore Mode and AppTappInstaller will give you an error which is perfectly normal.

Step 5: Open up iTunes and ignore any messages you get, and now open up wiNstallerGUI thats in the iPhone Restore Package. Hit the Activate button and let the process complete. Once its finished you may close it.

Step 6: Open up iBrickr and click on Applications, then click on the Install PXL button. Follow all the instructions carefully inorder to install PXL. Once Done, Click on Applications again, and now you will have a huge selection of applications you can install on your iPhone. What you need to find is, BSD SubSystems 1.5, and Mobile Terminal vt100.

Step 7: Once those apps are installed on your iPhone, turn off the phone, and turn it back on. Now go to settings, and set Autolock to NEVER.

Step 8: Open up iBrickr again and this time click on Files. You will now see a picture of an iPhone with a whole bunch of directories on the screen. You are now going to navigate to the /usr/bin directory. Do this by clicking on the usr/ link, and then click on the bin/ link. Once you're there, you will now upload the files that are in the BB Downgrade folder thats in the iPhone Restore Package. You MUST upload each file ONE BY ONE.

Step 9: Now you need to browse back to the root of the iPhone in iBrickr by using the Up link, keep clicking it until you see the Applications link. Click on Applications, then to the left, click on the button Create Folder, name this folder anySIM.app (make sure its EXACTLY like that). Next you are going to upload all the files that are in the (1.02)anySIM.app folder, also one by one. Once finished, simply close iBrickr and restart your iPhone.

Step 10: Once you turn on your iPhone, go to Mobile Terminal and type in the following commands exactly as you see them, and press return after each command:

cd /usr/bin

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

chmod +x bbupdater

bbupdater -v
    (this should tell you that your BB is 4.02)

chmod +x ieraser

ieraser
    (when you run this command, give it a minute to complete)

bbupdater -v
    (now when you check your BB again, it should say something about failing to ping the baseband)

bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    (Press return only ONCE. This is the command that flashes an older version of the BB back to your iPhone. This process will take a few minutes, so wait for it to fully complete)

bbupdater -v
    (This time it will display the older 3.14 BB)

launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

After the final command is completed, you may now safely hit the Home button to return to springboard. And now just restart your iPhone.

Step 11: Start up the anySIM application thats on your springboard. Slide the red slider, and then scroll down and hit the Agree button. Wait for the process to fully complete. Once done, restart your iPhone again, and now go into settings and check out your IMEI #

Step 12: Go to settings, and setup your WiFi connection. Now go to Installer on your iPhone, and add the following source:
    http://markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/repo.plist

Make sure you triple check it before pressing ok as the iPhone tends to auto correct things. Hit the refresh button a few times. The source should now say BigBoss. Now hit the install button the the bottom, and scroll down to the "Unlock That iPhone" category. Now scroll down and install Virginize Scripts. After its installed hit the Home button to return to springboard.

Step 13: Go back into Mobile Terminal, and type the following commands, hitting return after each one:

cd /usr/bin

virginize
    (this is the command that will now make your iPhone a complete Virgin)

Step 14: Now DFU Restore your iPhone to Firmware 1.02. Once this is complete, your phone will be completly Virginized, meaning it will be LOCKED.

Step 15: Now you have to use iTunes and UPGRADE your iPhone to 1.1.2

That is it for PART 1 of the guide, there is still PART 2 but thats very easy and alot shorter than this. Once I finish up PART 2, I will post it up here.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

PART 2

Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer and open up iTunes. Ignore anything that iTunes has to say. DFU Restore to 1.02. After this you will get an error 1013. Now DFU Restore AGAIN to 1.02, and you will again receive the same error which is perfectly normal.

Step 2: Close iTunes and run AppTappInstaller and select firmware 1.02, this will kick your iPhone out of Restore Mode. After you get an error from AppTappInstaller, your iPhone should now be at an Activation screen. You can now close AppTappInstaller.

Step 3: Open up iTunes and ignore anything it says. Now open up wiNstallerGUI.exe and hit the Activate button. Wait for this process to complete. You will know that its complete when your slider says “Slide to Unlock”, at this point, you can slide it and go to springboard.

Step 4: Close iTunes, and open up AppTappInstaller and select firmware 1.02 and wait for the program to finish installing everything. Once its done, you may close it. Now go into settings and set autolock to never, and also setup your wifi network.

Step 5: Return to your springboard, and go into Installer, it will notify you of a update. Update installer. After its complete, return to your springboard, and now go back into installer. Tap the sources button on the lower right corner, and tap edit, then add. Type in the following source, and double check to make sure its exact:

http://markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/repo.plist

EDIT by ReVan: OR use ModMyI.com source
    http://modmyi.com/installer.xml

Hit the refresh button a few times, the source name should now say BigBoss.

Step 6: Tap on the Install icon on the bottom, and scroll down to the Sources category. From there install Community Sources. After that scroll to the System category and install BSD Subsystems. After that, scroll to the Unlock that iPhone category and install Anysim 1.2, now hit the home button to return to your spring board.

Step 7: Now run anySIM from your springboard, after it finishes it should tell you that the unlock was successful.

Step 8: Go back into Installer and go to the Tweaks 1.1.1 category. Now find and install Oktoprep. Once its installed you should get a message saying something about you being ready for a touchless upgrade, blah blah blah…, just hit ok and exit installer by pressing the home button.

Step 9: Open up iTunes and let it recognize your iPhone. You might be asked if you would like to restore from an older back up, do not do this, and also DO NOT SYNC, just give your iPhone a name. Once you are at the screen which lets you choose Update or Restore, you are going to hit UPDATE.

Step 10: For this step you will need to have the latest version of Java installed on your computer, so go to www.java.com and install it. Once complete, run the windows.bat file that’s in the 1.1.2-jailbreak folder. This process will take anywhere from 3 – 10 minutes, so let it run and finish properly. During this process, your phone will reboot a few times, which is perfectly normal and means that the program is doing its thing right now.

Once this process is complete, you should slide the slider to unlock your phone and see your carrier next to the signal bars. And Congratulations on a fully unlocked and jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone
    Last edited by ReVan; 12-09-2007 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AcuraKidd For This Useful Post:

olegern (05-25-2008), Paulus (12-20-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is probably works on wrong imei isuue but the wifi fi is still dead ....
    At the Phase 1 step 9 you may also do the following:
    cd /Applications/anySIM.app
    chmod +x anySIM
    Othewise the anysim application does not work at all.
    So thanks for all this detailed guide but for those of us that we have the "no wifi" issue this guide is not a solution unfortunately

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got an error when I did the 1.0.2 unlocking... "Unlock failed, restart the phone" or something like that :/

Should I continue with the guide, or is there something I have to do to get anySIM 1.02 working?

Edit: I continued with the next step and to the end, but I still got a bad IMEI. After I have tried almost all the guides out there, I am starting to believe I wont manage to fix my phone.
    Last edited by iamiphoneman; 12-08-2007 at 11:26 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

UPDATE:

Alright guys, I'm aware of the anySIM 1.02 issue you guys are having. I am currently working on a way to fix that problem.

I will update you guys later on in the day.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Better but not all there yet...
    Thanks Acura Kidd, your solution seems to have hope but my iPhone is still being stubborn.

I've run all the steps complete through a few times now.

1. Been able to downgrade the BB to 3.14.08_G using your method.
    2. A ICCID shows up now but does match the original one that I have on the back of the iPhone box.

BUT...

3. Still no Wifi.
    4. Bad Imei remains, even with re-running the steps. And thus, the Invalid Sim Error remains.

Has anyone been able to regain Wifi, their IMEI, and ICCID yet?

Another weird thing, the Edge logo shows back up initially after running anySIM but then after reboot, disappears again.

Is the ability for Edge to pick up significant in any way?

Here's to keep on trying everyone...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It didin't work for me either. That must be because my phone is really messed up. I followed this guide exactly and the first error I got was when I tried to run winstallerGUI to activate it. At the end it said "Could not retrieve ICCID". So I used PACAY to activate it and tried to go on. And as I feared, the problem still there. I have no baseband, I can't erase it and I can't flash it. And I think iTunes can't do anything to it either. Here is a question, when iTunes is restoring the firmware(which is when I think it's trying to flash the baseband) I get the progress bar with 4 bars passing through instead of a continuous progressing bar. That's why I think iTunes is trying to reflash the baseband and not being successful. Is this normal or it should really be a progressing bar?

I have unknown ICCID, unknown IMEI, no wifi and unknown firmware.

pqn
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey AcuraKid, here is what I've been able to do with your write up. Everything goes smooth until step 9 (part 1). Here is were most of us will run into errors:

1) Uploading anySim.app individual files causes the files to change to .png files, which will not activate from springboard. So, anyways I upload anySim using winInstall to continue.
    2) Second error occurs after running ieraser (get this message and it freezes " Hopefully main Flash was erased. Wait for the next step......" (waited 20 minutes and still nothing.) I am assuming this is because the SECPACK is wrong (need Secpack 40123). so I continued with bbupdater.
    3) The next error, after running bbupdater -e *.eep -f *.fls the baseband is reset. But NO WIFI and same IMEI still. Turned off iphone and restarted.
    4) run anySim.app and it ended with this message " Please restart you iPhone. The Flash operation succeded, but the unlock commands failed. You might want to check the baseband manually using minicom."
    So, far without WIFI can not really continue with Part 2. Anyone else run into these problems let us all know. Any suggestions, will be helpful.

OTB iPhone 1.1.1
    Ieraser froze
    AnySim 1.02 royally screw-up

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

So guys i followed the steps from 1 to 11 at part 1.
    The wifi is still grayed out so this is not a solution yet ( and due to wifi absense i was unable to continue to phase 2)
    After all these steps i have a working iphone/ipod in 1.0.2 firmware BUT i get an error everytime i open itunes ( i tunes says that i have incorect IMEI and i cannot do nothing -update iphone or put songs /photos/ contacs or video) and i have to take out my sim ( this is the only way that itunes can update songs etc etc to iphone)
    The iphone is working ( i can accept and make calls,send and receive messages )
    So the "no wifi " issue remains unsolved....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Not a solution
    Sorry...didn't work for me either. BAD IMEI, NO WIFI

Back to waiting miserably

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pqn View Post
    1) Uploading anySim.app individual files causes the files to change to .png files, which will not activate from springboard. So, anyways I upload anySim using winInstall to continue.
    2) Second error occurs after running ieraser (get this message and it freezes " Hopefully main Flash was erased. Wait for the next step......" (waited 20 minutes and still nothing.) I am assuming this is because the SECPACK is wrong (need Secpack 40123). so I continued with bbupdater.
    3) The next error, after running bbupdater -e *.eep -f *.fls the baseband is reset. But NO WIFI and same IMEI still. Turned off iphone and restarted.
    4) run anySim.app and it ended with this message " Please restart you iPhone. The Flash operation succeded, but the unlock commands failed. You might want to check the baseband manually using minicom."
    So, far without WIFI can not really continue with Part 2. Anyone else run into these problems let us all know. Any suggestions, will be helpful.
    Exact the same process and results, have struggled with the ieraser command, eventually used "Saviour pack" and secpack 40123 which ran smoothly erasing the baseband and then downgrade to 03.14.08_G. Had to install anySIM 1.0.2 through wiNstallerGUI aswell leading to the same ending message (flash succeeded, unlock failed).

My situation: still 0049 IMEI, no wi-fi, ICCID blank.

Waiting for another solution. Props to AcuraKidd for working on this topic anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katanoss View Post
    Exact the same process and results, have struggled with the ieraser command, eventually used "Saviour pack" and secpack 40123 which ran smoothly erasing the baseband and then downgrade to 03.14.08_G. Had to install anySIM 1.0.2 through wiNstallerGUI aswell leading to the same ending message (flash succeeded, unlock failed).

My situation: still 0049 IMEI, no wi-fi, ICCID blank.

Waiting for another solution. Props to AcuraKidd for working on this topic anyway.
    Have you ever tried this guide?
    here
    Some times at the past that i had wrong IMEI following the instructions there always fixed it.
    I dont have wifi but i have a working phone at list.

....and still waiting for a working wifi solution

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    Have you ever tried this guide?
    here
    Yep I did, several times. With no luck. What I've noticed though, sometimes the IMEI format changed slightly (spaces between some digits in the 0049 number appeared, then it went back to 004999010640000 again) but I never got rid of it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried everyting and still have no WIFI!!!! Why is it that everyone is having this no wifi issue all the sudden?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i tried your guide and my iphone still shows the generic IMEI and no wifi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Still no luck in fixing this IMEI problem. I have otb 1.1.1 jailbreaked it then used anysim 1.1 and after it say unlocked success. I rebooted the phone and I have bad imei. Help Help Help. I tried from Revon to AcuraKid to i.unlock guide but all with no success in repairing my bad imei. HELP

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

Cheers Mate!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 5 unlock attempts?
    Does anyone know if there is any truth the rumour that the iPhone has only 5 unlock attempts and then after that, it locks permanently.

Could that be what is causing the problems that some of us are having with bad imei, etc?

Banned
    Thanks

Ok, I will be perfectly honest with you guys. I have done some extensive research regarding this matter and came to the conclusion that this is a hardware problem.

Your iPhone might have originally had a working WiFi and Bluetooth, but the comm board itself was already defective and weak, and when you ran all these unlock methods, it put alot of stress on certian aspects of the comm board, like the WiFi, and that in turn caused the WiFi along with certian other features to basically burn out...

The only real solution so far is to replace your comm board, but thats kinda pricey.

I doubt that the Dev Team will come up with some type of solution for this as its not a software problem but rather a hardware problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Thank you so much
    I had a 'bricked' phone - I was at my wits end thinking I was truly screwed, but I followed this guide and now I have a working IPhone again.

Thank you so much.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Does anyone know a good place to get a new comm board?
    Thanks AcuraKidd for the research...

Does anyone know a good place to get a new comm board and how much it would cost?

Thanks.