+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need lots of help

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Im lost. Ive been on this site for 2 days and my head starting to hurt. All I really want is to change the theme on my iphone. You know,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I need lots of help
    Im lost. Ive been on this site for 2 days and my head starting to hurt. All I really want is to change the theme on my iphone. You know, new icons and skins. Here's my problems: I got dial up (I live in the country). My phone is version 1.1.1 and I have the newest version of itunes. I just downloaded it the other day. My computer is running vista. I've also downloaded jailbreak and iphoneinterface. When I try to jailbreak a popup comes up and says that there's a problem with jailbreak. Do I even need to jailbreak. What's the easiest way to get new themes on my phone. Sorry for the book but thanks for any help.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

try this
    http://code.google.com/p/idemocracy/
    click idemocracy2.rar on the right

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First, have you been able to download Jailbreak, and OKTOPREP on you phone from AppTap?

Second, I found when using Itunes 7.5, Apple installed ALOT of extra stuff that blocks you from jailbreaking.

I downloaded 7.4.2 Itunes, and wiped away any Itunes, or Apple software B4 installing 7.4.2.

This helped, when I then jailbroke the phone, and OKTOPREP, both downloaded from apptap, or installer, I was able to upgrade to 1.1.2 on Iphone.

Now, I will not update Itunes, it seems to have a different phone utility that screws things up.

Let me know where you are at, I will try to help, also, don't forget the Thanks button.

Another thing you can do is follow the instructions on this site. If running Windows, download IBrickr.

http://iphone.macworld.com/2007/11/j...iphone_112.php

If you need WIFI, find a wireless connection around you that is not secured.
    Last edited by shadowburt; 12-07-2007 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowburt For This Useful Post:

price_l (12-07-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im going to try to dowload to itunes 7.4.2. I'll let you know if I need any more help. Thanks.