+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mod iPhone 1.1.2 under Windows

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
I have a new iPhone with 1.1.2 firmware... please help on how to mod this under Windows... PLEASE HELP!!!!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs down Mod iPhone 1.1.2 under Windows
    I have a new iPhone with 1.1.2 firmware... please help on how to mod this under Windows... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks

I don't know where to start. You need to read this thread on Jailbraking the iPhone.That means enabling read/write access to the phone, which also enables the possibilty to upload themes, and so forth. Jailbreaking will also install Installer onto your phone. You can find many useful things via that application. Honestly, you have a lot of reading to do to catch up! Welcome!

Reako

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    I don't know where to start. You need to read this thread on Jailbraking the iPhone.That means enabling read/write access to the phone, which also enables the possibilty to upload themes, and so forth. Jailbreaking will also install Installer onto your phone. You can find many useful things via that application. Honestly, you have a lot of reading to do to catch up! Welcome!

Reako
    Reako,
    thanks for your tips... now, how do unlock the phone? I'm not in US and I would like to use it with my local provider.

Thanks again!

Thanks

I'm sorry but currently you can not unlock an OTB 1.1.2 iPhone. You are gonna have to sit back and pray they figure out a way soon.

Reako

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can activate it --> downgrade 1.1.1 --> jailbreakme.com --> oktoprep1.1.2 --> upgrade back to 1.1.2 --> idemocracy to activate

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by freshfitz View Post
    You can activate it --> downgrade 1.1.1 --> jailbreakme.com --> oktoprep1.1.2 --> upgrade back to 1.1.2 --> idemocracy to activate
    hi, another new guy here. Ive done some heavy mods on my new iphone, all the above less the idemocracy because I was already an ATT'er and dont need to unlock the phone. I have a few questions to ask though:
    now that I am at a comfotably modded point, do I need to 'seal' my phone off from Apple or itunes? Meaning since my mods, upon a sync, I keep getting pop up boxes from Apple wanting to know diagnostic info to 'help' them. I keep saying no of course. Im so afraid Apple will 'see' into my phone and Ill lose it all. Is there a way to back up the phone as it sits now? Im going to assume that I am safe as long as i DONT update to 1.1.3 when it comes out, correct?
    Thanks alot, this is an iphone-tastic site!!