Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBricker help please?

Default iBricker help please?
    Hey all..
    the iBricker message board is like NO help...so if someone here knows how to help me, it'd be MUCH appreciated!

I run a 1.0.2 iPhone with iBricker .91, and some 3rd party apps like Summerboard etc.

1. for some reason I now have the Field Test icon on my summerboard screen -- how do I get rid of same? I can't find it in iBricker to delete?

2. I tried using iBricker to load up some themes. Liked some but hated a few too. I can delete all the files for a theme, but NOT the folder, so it always shows in the Summerboard theme listing. How can you delete a folder in iBricker is the question?

Thanks - and hope someone knows this too!

Jim

Hay,

1) Test file is standard with the iPhone - however should still be hidden. To manage your springboard (homepage) icons and hide unwanted files you will need to use Customize. Only use version 1.13 though, as this has a program called rsbt which allows you to manage your springboard and die the icons you do not want.

2) I have had the same problem with this, unfortunately there is no way via iBrickr to delete an entire folder. There are other programs you can use to remove entire folders however I have not investigated far enough into this, am happy to just put up with the folder/theme option.

Does this help?

Ok.

He was right about the first question, but Customize is upgraded to version 1.18 and is available via Installler. Works perfectly.

And to answer your second question, you need to use a different File Browser other than iBrickr. iPhoneBrowser seems to be the most popular for Windows, (I currently use it as well). You just navigate to the folder directory, just as you would in iBrickr, and then right click the folder and select delete.

PS. I attached the newest version below.

Reako
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default WooHoo...thanks lads!
    thanks first of all for the info to you both!

re: #1 problem - the FieldTest icon. I did try the Customize app for like a half hour, and didn't ever get it to work, so I unistalled same. it was right after that that the FieldTest icon appeared...so I guess I'll have to re-install it, then try to get it to work and by doing so, hide the FT icon... Thanks lads for that tip!

re: #2 problem -- wooHoo...iPhoneBrowser works great! very nice GUI and I was able to take care of almost all the Summerboard themes I wanted to get rid of. One thing tho, one of the themes (SmoothJazbyAdam I think it's called) told me everytime I tried to delete that folder, that there was an incorrect char in the path and it couldn't....so I guess that folder will always be there...

Thanks guys...great help!

Jim

Can you tell me the folder name or the source?