Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to simply upload ringtones??

Default how to simply upload ringtones??
    Hello,

I've unlocked my iphone to 1.1.1 using the touch jailbreak method and i've been able to add files and apps using installer and iBrickr but was totally unseccessful at adding ringtones. I know how to export the playlist and so on but what then. I've tried uploading from iBrickr and from iFuntastic on both Windows and Mac but neither work or show up in my rintones in settings on the phone.

What should I do? Every guide I've run into starts with a mile long instruction about how to jailbreak the phone, but I've already done that. I simply want to upload ringtones, please, HOW?

thanks,

j

Wrong forum dude, try "media" and there is a guide to teach you how to do this too.

Its the windows specific forum right? dude. I'm using windows and wondering how to do it on windows using iBrickr. The guide that is listed requires software that either I can't use on Windows or can't download without signing away my life and paying $15. So, I was just wondering if there's a patch I need because the simple instructions I've found just don't work. Since then, I've found that BigBoss has a patch. Does it work? I'm going to try.

Sorry to cramp your forum and waste your time, dude. Thanks for the help.

What!? You can just use iPhoneBrowser software to upload your files and edit the Ringtones.plist. It's all in the guide linked in the top left hand corner.