+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 7.5 and Outlook 2002

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
HI! I have an iPhone running on 1.1.1 and I am using Win XP and Outlook 2002 but I can't get my iPhone to sync with iTunes 7.5. Although iTunes
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iTunes 7.5 and Outlook 2002
    HI!

I have an iPhone running on 1.1.1 and I am using Win XP and Outlook 2002 but I can't get my iPhone to sync with iTunes 7.5. Although iTunes shows me Outlook as an option under info, I can even select the check box or both the Calender and Contacts but when I press sync it shows syncing with iPhone but the iPhone doesnt get synced.

I've gone over posts by users regarding this and tried almost everything stated there but still doesnt sync.

Any ideas on how I can make it sync?

Thanks in advance.

Ujjwal

Thanks

Apple doesn't make it too obvious, but unfortunately iTunes only syncs with Outlook 2003 or later.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I was able to sync iTunes 7.5 with Outlook 2002. Apparatnly, all you need to do is select Outlook 2002 as the default mail client even if you're using any other mail client. Although I use Outlook Express as a mail client, I made Outlook 2002, the default mail client and the phone syncs with iTunes.

Ujjwal

Thanks

Interesting. Apple lists Outlook 2003 as the earliest supported, and I know Outlook 2000 doesn't work.

Glad it is working for your version!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I read from the Apple site also that it supports Outlook 2003 and above but since a friend of mine was using Outlook 2002 and I was just confused why it wasnt working on my computer when it was on his. But he wasnt using OE or any other mail client whereas I was so it took a bit of time but now it seems to be working just fine.

A couple of quick questions off the Outlook....I have 1.1.1...and I downloaded iPhoneBrowser v 1.4.... any compatibility issues? Also, I can use iPhoneBrowser on my computer to just drag and drop themes onto the iPhone?

Have you ever experienced your computer crashing when you connect the iPhone to your computer? In case I have a photo saved on the camera roll and I try and sync....I get the BSOD and I need to delete the camera roll photo from the iPhone so that the computer doesnt crash. Any suggestions to rectify the problem?

Thanks again.

Thanks

If you did the appsnapp jailbreak recently, iPhoneBrowser should work fine and it let's you drag SummerBoard themes onto the phone. Other themes are more complicated to install manually, depending on their format.

Your BSOD sounds like a problem with your Windows default setting for Camera attachment.

In Explored or My Computer, right-click the iPhone icon and choose properties. From the Events tab, select a different program or select Take No Action.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

My friend jailbreaked the phone for me last week.

This might be a stupid question but I dont have an iPhone icon under My Computer. How do I go there?

Thanks.

Thanks

I will need to check at home, but it will only show up when the iPhone is connected.

Otherwise, I'll check at home on how I disabled it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Somehow the icon didnt show up on My Computer when I connected the iPhone through the dock connector.

Would be very grateful if you could let me know what to do whenever possible.

Thanks.

Thanks

Maybe it doesn't show up when you have no images in DCIM?

This gets a little complicated. Use RegEdit to find the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

Beneath this key, you should see keys like 0000, 0001, 0002. Click each one, looking for the one that has DriverDesc = "Apple iPhone". Mine was 0002.

Then click on the Events\Connected key beneath 000? and delete the entry for DefaultHandler.

Then connect your iPhone with a camera picture on it and see if you can find an iPhone icon in My Computer.

Then you can use Properties|Events to modify what happens.

BTW, if you haven't changed the registry before, you can totally trash Windows XP by doing the wrong thing in RegEdit, so be very, very careful.

Alternatively, you could try downloading an autoplay repair tool of some sort and see if it will help you fix/remove bad entries.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi there....

i have iphone 1.1.1 and its unlocked...when i tried to connect my iphone to itunes....7.5 itunes does recognises my iphone but i gives me and error (itunes cannot read the contents of the iphone "^1". go to the summary tab in the iphone prefrences and click restore to restore this iphone to factory settings.)
    Now cant understand whts happening but the problem is i cant download music from itunes to my iphone i tried most of the compatible versions of itunes but it didnt worked on any....can u help me out guys...with this problem thnks......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi!

The problem got solved....finally!! Got the solution off the Apple discussion forum.

I have a Logitech Quickcam on my notebook and apparently the Logitech drivers have been create a major conflict with the iPhone camera specialaly when you have photos on the camera roll and you try and sync. All you need to do is install the latest drivers for the QuickCam and it works!

Thanks.