Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Help Please [big Mess]!!!is a discussion within the
Windows Specific Modding Discussionforums, a part of the
Computer Modding Softwaresection;
Please guys, i'm totaly freaking out here.. My phone was working perfectly, until it rebooted instantly.. the reboot took about 4 minutes..(on the apple logo screen) Then, it entered the...
11-16-2007, 08:01 AM #1Help Please [big Mess]!!!
Please guys, i'm totaly freaking out here..
My phone was working perfectly, until it rebooted instantly..
the reboot took about 4 minutes..(on the apple logo screen)
Then, it entered the home-screen with all the defould icons (i've lost my summerboard theme).
Then, nothing happens, it freezes, and reboots again. And so it goes. rebooting and freezing. I can see my apps, yet I can't scroll with the SummerBoard, and my theme is gone.
The worst: iTunes does not detect my phone.
Phone info> Firmware 1.0.2
iBrickr doesn't detect the phone as well.
i can't do ANYTHING at all.. can't tapp any app, can't scroll, can't lock/unlock.
PLEASE HELP ME..OI FROM BRAZIL!
11-16-2007, 11:15 AM #2
You have the endless reboot problem. You will need to restore your iPhone.
Turn off your iPhone. Connect to computer. Turn on and hold the power+home buttons for about 20 seconds (until iTunes logo comes up, or a yellow triangle). Ooen iTunes and restore to the same firmware by holding down Shift and select the firmware.
11-16-2007, 12:35 PM #3
11-16-2007, 01:29 PM #4
11-16-2007, 01:47 PM #5
Try rebooting and restore again. I had the same exact problem yesterday and the symptoms a few other has is the same. We add additional resources to Installer. I had my IPhone restore (You don't have to run AnySim again but if you want it will only overwrite and tell you unlock fails in the end) but everything works fine. Sounds to me like a virus? Weird....a lot of ppl had it.
11-27-2007, 11:23 PM #6
Iphone is rebooting with lot of spring board crashes please help
My phone had 1.1 firmware , I installed opto application and upgraded to 1.1.2 firmware. Now i ran all these steps and changed all things and phone started rebooting and the itunes is not detecting the iphone as well. Please let me know how i can virginise the phone so that i can break the system, I am able to use the ssh/winscp to see all the logs . Please let me know i can run the re-revirginise from ssh . This am trying to use the phone in India . Please look at the steps what i followed >>>>
Downgrade to 1.1.1
(lots of guides around, follow them)
- I noticed that AppSnap won't work if iTunes doesn't see the iphone 1st. Like an initial "sync" is needed. Then you can just close it.
- After jailbreak, install package Oktoprep from Installer>Tweaks(1.1.1)
Upgrade to 1.1.2
- Click on upgrade in iTunes and go get some coffee
- So, right now you should have a nice 1.1.2 activate screen talking in tongues. As a rule of thumb, just open iTunes and let it detect the iPhone then close it.
- Now run windows.bat from the 1.1.2 jailbreak and check option Install ssh, change password if needed and click Jailbreak
- Might take like 5-10 mins, more coffee maybe?
- By now you should have rebooted your phone and you're back at the 1.1.2 active screen
- Run winscp, put necessary info (ip address, usr/pwd, let it on SFTP in the protocol) and click connect
- Now go to /usr/libexec/ and make a backup of lockdownd on your pc(we NEVER know)
- Unzip the patched lockdownd and put in /usr/libexec/
- Click on "more", set permissions 0755 (so check all Xs, you'll figure it out)
- Click ok, and overwrite the existing lockdownd
- Reboot your phone
Carrier settings *optional* (For those who wanna sexy up that iphone )
- Winscp to your phone and put ls and bash in /bin
- Click on "more", set both permissions to 0755
- Check here for your carrier's MCC and MNC (it's not as hard as it sounds)
e.g MCC = 334 MNC = 02, the number we'll need is 33402
- Open the Telcel.plist in UltraEdit or wordpad and modify accordingly (Don't forget to rename your .plist file & change the supported sim section)
- Use winscp to put the modified .plist to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
- Open putty and connect to your phone
- Type bash at the prompt
- Type cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
- Type ln -s YOURCARRIER.plist NUMBER
e.g ln -s Telcel.plist 302370
- Remove your sim and put some other sim in it to reset the carrier settings(maybe that unactivated att simcard lying around? )
- Remove the sim card and put back in yours after the phone detected it
- You should be set, no reboot needed
Fix for crashing phone/sms *optional* (you won't need that step if it's not crashing (duh... ) )
- Check here for your ISO code and ITU phone code
e.g Mexico: ISO code = mx, ITU = 52
- Open AppSupport in UltraEdit
- Press Ctrl+G and enter 0xA0AC
- On the right end of the string replace mx with your ISO code
- On the next line, replace 52 with your ITU phone code
- Save the changes
- Winscp into your phone and browse to /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/
- Overwrite the existing AppSupport (make sure that permissions = 0755, read previous steps if you don't understand)
- Reboot your phone and you're set!
If you're making carrier.plist for your carrier, post it here when you're done and I'll add it to the guide. (Sharing is caring.. ) Special thanks to kuhnesito for helping me test the stuff and especially to my girlfriend for giving me time to write this guide! Enjoy the new updated guide!