Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone run the update and not having problems modding?

Default Anyone run the update and not having problems modding?
    I was just wondering if there were people that had run the update and are not having issues modding? I've had so many problems and am still trying to get them all straight. This is a suggestion and please let me know if this is a good idea or not but should we just scrap our phonedmg folders that we created originally and start new with the new restore file and downloading fresh copies of jailbreak and iphoneinterface? Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. i'm using a windows machine

I updated my iphone, it made me restore to its original state....after doing the update succesfuly...i ran jailbreak...and proceeded to modd my iphone without any issues so far......well keep in mind i only managed to change the icons so far, havent done anything else yet. But had no issues yet.
    ROBERT

Quote Originally Posted by roberto07104 View Post
    I updated my iphone, it made me restore to its original state....after doing the update succesfuly...i ran jailbreak...and proceeded to modd my iphone without any issues so far......well keep in mind i only managed to change the icons so far, havent done anything else yet. But had no issues yet.
    I did the same and after i restarted my phone and was going to try and add my ringtones back on to the phone was when i began to have issues and jailbreak started giving me an error thus not unlocking my phone so i could do anything. weird how it works one second and the next it WON'T. Did you unzip the new restore file into your phonedmg folder before you started modding it?

I didn't have any problems, but I did not unzip the new restore file, I used all my existing files and programs and they worked flawlessly.

well now for whatever reason i can't even restore my phone because when i connect the phone to the computer itunes pops out and says it doesn't have the software for iphone. It then tells you to run the setup file to uninstall and then reinstall iTunes. I did that and it still gives me that error so i'm a little screwed.

the phone works right now it just annoys me that i can't sync it
    Last edited by tharepairguy; 08-02-2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had no modding issues so far since the update using Manzana.

Quote Originally Posted by tharepairguy View Post
    well now for whatever reason i can't even restore my phone because when i connect the phone to the computer itunes pops out and says it doesn't have the software for iphone. It then tells you to run the setup file to uninstall and then reinstall iTunes. I did that and it still gives me that error so i'm a little screwed.

So when the phone is plugged in on its dock and you load iTunes and the iPhone thingy on the right ant there? If thats the care try and see if the Apple Mobile Device service is running. Start>Run>Services.msc>Apple Mobile Device>start... OR try a different USB port on your computer.

To fix this, unistall, then install an older version of Itunes and update it through apple software update program it created. (Don
    t update through itunes.) This fixed the problem for me. It did this to me when I first tried to install itunes.

What is the proper way to update your iphone, after the update? I don't wanna go back and install old stuff. Someone needs to explain what we need to do, to get our iphone to the point, where it can be re-modded, post update. I want the Safari security fixes included when I mod it. I do not want to have it pre-update, like some users, who refuse to update, are doing.

my friends did the exact same thing. he ended up having to delete everything itunes from his computer( after backing up his files like songs and stuff) and then reinstalled itunes. now it works

With the help of everyone here and Apple putting out itunes 7.3.2 it's restoring from the last backup i did a couple days ago. I'm not sure whether it's worth it trying to mod. ehhh what the heck here i GO!! haha Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    I've had no modding issues so far since the update using Manzana.
    i have had no problems modding with manzana either.

If I've activated my phone though this mod to use my previous cingular SIM card, if I do the update, will I lose that activation, and have to re-activate? Thanks.