Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please help iphone wont boot past apple sign

Default please help iphone wont boot past apple sign
    ok guys thanks for viewing this
    i just upgraded 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and everything went fine
    i virginized and did the jailbreakme.com method from i.unlock.no and i managed to unlock it too and everything was going fine untill i replaced the springboard.app in ibrickr with my own so that my operator name would fit proparly and now i cant go into restore mod (i have tried every method) the iphone just loads up to the iphone sign,the cirlce 'loading' sign if you know which one im talkking about is there spinning and it keeps vibrating every couple seconds, ibrickr was recongnizing it and i changed the springboard.app back to the original which i downloaded from this site and it still isnt working
    please help

Did you try replacing springboard.app with the original one you backed up?... you DID back-up the original file, right???????????????

You should still have ssh access to the phone while the phone is in the booting screen. The phone should be up and running so you can still use ssh, but the sprigboard.app won't load.

ACttually i have this problem sometime. My programs carsh and my iphone restart and hang "look like" forever at the applle sign. But i just wait around 5minute and it boot to springboard again.

hey guys, my iphone wont boot past apple logo
    shuts off after about 5 seconds
    only shows the apple when plugged into wall charger usb does nothing
    as soon as its unplugged it shuts off
    upgraded to 3.1.3 then downgraded to 3.1.2 with jailbreak and this started happening when i dissasembled it with the power on...
    also it makes a high pitched noise when started until it shuts off. thanks