+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HOW TO: Download pictures OFF of your iPhone

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Iam sure some of you already know, but for the rest of you who are wondering, how do i get these pictures off my iphone without having to email them
    Retired Moderator arthursdomain's Avatar
    Thanks

Default HOW TO: Download pictures OFF of your iPhone
    Iam sure some of you already know, but for the rest of you who are wondering, how do i get these pictures off my iphone without having to email them to myself? Here are some programs that can do it.

1. Scanner and Camera Wizard (FREE)

This program came with my Dell Laptop, and is probably a built in function of Windows XP Pro (im not sure about home or vista). Its easy as cake, dock your iphone, click on the Scanner and Camera Wizard, it will detect your iphone and your on your way.

2. Microsoft Picture It! (Free - Price Varies)

This program is not free but usually comes with most emachines and other pre-built computers already installed. Check your mom and pops new computer , its probably on there same as above , plug in, but when you open picture it, you will need to go to file and import, your iphone will be a "device" and its next next finish from there.

3. Windows Photo Gallery (Windows Vista ONLY) (Free)

This program is the replacement program for most of microsoft digital imaging software. This program is similar to the two above and comes stock with Windows Vista. Similar to Microsoft Picture it, you can import photos from your iphone with a push of a button.

If you know of any more programs that can do this, free being the best, post below! What do you use?
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arthursdomain For This Useful Post:

alexsweet (03-23-2008), knowtheobscure (09-21-2007)

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

I use Picasa (Googles image program)

best of all, it's free and lets me upload to web galleries

Green Apple
    Thanks

I do not see my IPhone listed under the devices to chose from in Picasa2??? Why is it not visible? I have jailbreaked my phone put apps, ringtones, movies, and such but everytime I connect it to my computer is it suppose to ask you that a new hardware device is found? WTF thought I already did? Also everytime I open ITunes I get a message saying it is corrupt but yet I have uninstalled quicktime and itunes 3 times now redownloaded/installed and it still does not work? Please of god help me. I want to get these 250 pictures off of my phone and I'm not going to email everyone seperately that's insane.

Retired Moderator arthursdomain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cruid View Post
    I do not see my IPhone listed under the devices to chose from in Picasa2??? Why is it not visible? I have jailbreaked my phone put apps, ringtones, movies, and such but everytime I connect it to my computer is it suppose to ask you that a new hardware device is found? WTF thought I already did? Also everytime I open ITunes I get a message saying it is corrupt but yet I have uninstalled quicktime and itunes 3 times now redownloaded/installed and it still does not work? Please of god help me. I want to get these 250 pictures off of my phone and I'm not going to email everyone seperately that's insane.
    have you tried my method?
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

Green Apple
    Thanks

I did try using those other programs.. None of them showed my IPhone as a device to import from. so I used Iphonebrowser and downloaded them each individually because you can't seem to select more than one file at a time to download... hopefully that will be changed in an updated version.

I can not get my IPhone to smoothly connect into one of the programs? everytime I dock my iphone it says there's new hardware found and it asks for a driver and I can't seem to find anything on this forums (tried searching for 2 hours) about this issue. Do you know what's the deal?

Green Apple
    Thanks

how do you export/import picture from iphone by using this s/w

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lifesmymachine View Post
    I use Picasa (Googles image program)

best of all, it's free and lets me upload to web galleries

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm wondering how to upload pictures to the photo album using something like ibrickr. I use itunes at home to sync different folders. But what if I want to add a pick from a different computer at work. I can't seem to find the folder that they are located in. I know where the photos taken with the phone are located but I can't seem to find the other photos...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cruid, i got your SAME problem man, i don't know what to do is there another way besides iphonebrowser?

cuz no program can recognize my phone for some odd reason, and when i try something, that screen "new hardware found" crap comes up.
    Last edited by streetracinazian; 09-30-2007 at 11:24 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i still have not figured out how to get that pop up new hardware window to go away but i can get my phone connected to the other programs.. Dont think you have the same problem

Green Apple
    Thanks

Basically when I connect my phone - New Hardware Found Digital Still Camera.

And then it asks to put in my xp cd, I don't have mine anymore, so i cant get it to show up in My Computer or as a device in anything you listed.

IF ANYBODY knows how to get that driver called "digital still camera" hook me up = ] thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SubZ3r0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cursive08 View Post
    Basically when I connect my phone - New Hardware Found Digital Still Camera.

And then it asks to put in my xp cd, I don't have mine anymore, so i cant get it to show up in My Computer or as a device in anything you listed.

IF ANYBODY knows how to get that driver called "digital still camera" hook me up = ] thanks.

when it asks for the cd...just select

Browse > C:/Windows/System32/
    or
    Browse > C:/Windows/System32/Drivers

if that dont work then u should get ALL THE windows updates...

if still a no go... u need the XP CD

hope this helped.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when i hook up my iphone to my computer, my computer detects iphone camera and display it as an icon. I just double click on it, a folder is opened and all images that i captured before shownd in that folder. I just drag it to my computer. That's it. (My computer has a driver for iphone camera, so it's installed automatically when i hook my iphone up, just use window update to update your driver database)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yessss, the XP CD worked thanks alot guys!

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

What if my phone is not being recognized by my PC, that means no Ibrick, no itunes.......and i tried sending by mail.....but something doen't work with the outgoing mail server......the only way to communicate with my iphone is by winSCP........so to sum it up...

How can I save camera roll pic's into my PC with winSCP?
    Is there a folder where these pics are saved? because i cant find it:S

Thanks

Thanks

Try /var/root/Media/DCIM

Also, reinstall iTunes if you are having camera detection problems.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

KennyFiesta (12-27-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    Try /var/root/Media/DCIM

Also, reinstall iTunes if you are having camera detection problems.

^^^^ its var/root/mobile/media/dcim on mine - that works fine though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you can't import photos from your iPhone to your computer (whether Mac of PC), you might want to check to see if you have any photos in the camera roll on your iPhone that did not originate from the iPhone camera (i.e. someone emailed you, taken on another camera, received from your computer, copied from the internet, etc.). If you do then Apple disables your ability to import or sync ANY photos contained on your iPhone until the non-originating photos are removed from the iPhone camera roll. The only work around is to email those non-originating pictures to yourself and then delete them to re-enable your ability to import/sync the remaining photos. I know it's a pain. Of course you could let Apple know how unsatisfactory this is at: http://www.apple.com/feedback

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All I have to say is thank you, I have tried for months and looked on web page after web page on trying to figure out why my computer all of a sudden would not import my photos off of my iphone. I found my answer i had a few pictures saved from emails and text, so i just emailed them to myself, deleted the not original photos off of my phone, unplugged and then plugged my phone back in to the computer and it worked.

Thanks

When I plug my phone into pc, it shows up in 'my computer' as [phonename]digital camera and a couple of left clics later, I'm at the dcim/100apple folder. I cannot 'cut' but I can 'copy' any or all image files and paste them to anywhere I need to. Or did I miss something? I hope this isn't completely off the wall. Oh yeah, notice: Atlantis is syncing? Oh, I see you are using xp, my bad...7 and vista have the drivers default. Nevermind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOW TO: Download pictures OFF of your iPhone-2010-07-05_002656.jpg   HOW TO: Download pictures OFF of your iPhone-2010-07-05_002752.jpg  
    Last edited by iamubiquitous; 07-05-2010 at 01:55 AM. Reason: added info
    Rules one and two ALWAYS in effect.