Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with installing iPhoneBrowser

Default Help with installing iPhoneBrowser
    I have heard that iPhoneBrowser is a better program to look at files than Manzana. I did not have Microsoft Net Framework 3.0, so I installed it and I had trouble. (Had to download programs to clean out something or other). Finally I got it installed, but when I run the setup on iPhoneBrowser, it goes for a few seconds then I get a message if I want to send an error report because it failed.

Any help?

Uninstall it, make sure you have the Frameworks installed, and then reinstall it. SHould work fine.

Reako

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

thehitmanguava (11-07-2007)

I don't think you should need .Net 3.0 (I hope not) .Net 2.0 should work.

Can you tell me the error message or try the .msi version?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

thehitmanguava (11-07-2007)

Sorry if I didn't make it clear earlier, but I never installed the iPhone Browser in the first place. I DLed the iPhone Browser file, it has Setup, two Application files, and a folder in it. I tried launching setup, and it said that my computer could not read application files, so I clicked on the button that said "recommend a program."

It instructed my to DL Framework 3.0, after doing so (which I had trouble with) I went back to setup, and double clicked it, and a window pops up saying "Verifying application requirements." Then the window closes suddenly, and I get the message "iPhoneBrowser has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Hope I was a bit clearer this time. Any help would be appreciated.

Nevermind, I just used the .msi version and it installed fine. Thanks.
    Last edited by thehitmanguava; 11-07-2007 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by thehitmanguava View Post
    Sorry if I didn't make it clear earlier, but I never installed the iPhone Browser in the first place. I DLed the iPhone Browser file, it has Setup, two Application files, and a folder in it.

Glad it is working for you.

Can you tell me what exactly you D/L'd with the folder in it?

Sure, the one I DL'ed that I was having trouble with was I went to Downloads section on this site, then I went to Iphone Mods, then Windows, then I went to the one called "IphoneBrowser." (The one with out any "install" or "exe" or anything, just IphoneBrowser)

But then I DL'ed the Setup version (Newest one) and it worked perfectly.

ah. I'll see if I can fix that.

The latest version is at http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser and is v1.40 -is that what you downloaded?

what that before i could see detail on my iphonebrowser after restoring my phone iphonebrowser wont show detail on the file anymore,,can someone help me

Quote Originally Posted by pleyah69bjay View Post
    what that before i could see detail on my iphonebrowser after restoring my phone iphonebrowser wont show detail on the file anymore,,can someone help me
    As per Stewie from family guy .. "Huhwhat?"

You've totally lost me on that one, and I'm usually pretty good at translating garble.

^^LMAO. You need to put the edited Service.plist file into your phone. For this you need to SSH into your phone. It is discussed here.

Reako

I really don't know what I DLed... I guess whatever the one on this site was.

Thanks - I deleted the 1.3.1 version and uploaded the 1.4.0 installer here.

Hi, I have a question using the iphonebrowser. Can anyone tell me how to put my files using this program? I am trying to add new themes to my summerboard folder, but it wont let me to just drag and drop the files...can anyone help me??? thank you

You must select the SummerBoard Themes folder (use the Go To Location menu) than drag and drop the new theme's folder into the Upper Right pane that shows the list of files.

It wont let me drag and drop to the summerboard/themes folder. Is it because the files are not compatible? I got the files from this website though. Or maybe i need to install something like openSSH?
    THanks for the quickly reply Netmage

Where exactly are you dragging from/to? What does your cursor change to when you attempt to drop?

If you want to use FileZilla or WinSCP instead of iPhoneBrowser, you can install OpenSSH so they can access your phone over WiFi.

This stuff is all new to me I have modded lots of phones in the past so I am able to get the hang of things fairly fast. Any help would really be appreciated I am running XP and iTunes 7.5
    Here is the error message I get AMDeviceNotificationSubcribe failed with error 402653180
    this is with Ver.1.4 with an older version I get message unable to load DLL iTunesMobileDevice.dll.
    Last edited by angelcity; 11-19-2007 at 10:13 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What am I doing wrong? Ever since I've upgraded to 1.1.1 I haven't been able to see my full drive using ANY file explorer. I'm running windows, but that doesn't matter because when I use my friends Mac, it does the same thing. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
    dbldare

dbldare:
    See the sticky in the File Mods post about adding the afc2 service.

Quote Originally Posted by angelcity View Post
    This stuff is all new to me I have modded lots of phones in the past so I am able to get the hang of things fairly fast. Any help would really be appreciated I am running XP and iTunes 7.5
    Here is the error message I get AMDeviceNotificationSubcribe failed with error 402653180
    this is with Ver.1.4 with an older version I get message unable to load DLL iTunesMobileDevice.dll.
    The older version requires copying the iTunesMobileDevice.dll into the program folder for iPhoneBrowser.

I have seen some posts suggesting re-installing iTunes when you get the error you are getting. Have you rebooted your PC?
    Last edited by NetMage; 11-19-2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile iPhoneBrowser Help!
    Please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place. I had iPhoneBrowser v1.4 running great and now I can't even get it to open. If I uninstall 1.4 and drop back to version 1.3.0 it works fine. I'm running XP Professional 2002 SP2, 1.1.1 on my iPhone, iTunes 7.5.0.20. Even downloaded 3.5 .NET.

Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast