+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Login to WinSCP with root/alpine help!

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Hey guys... ever since the update i haven't been able to login into WinSCP. I've used the new user name and password and the IP set to my phone is
    My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Can't Login to WinSCP with root/alpine help!
    Hey guys... ever since the update i haven't been able to login into WinSCP. I've used the new user name and password and the IP set to my phone is still the same so i have no clue what the problem is...

Is there something new that has to be done besides just using the login/pass then we did before? Someone mentioned something about SSH needs to be running but I thought that is already loaded when i'm using WinSCP?

Thanks

No, you need to install it. Just like it says in the 100s of other threads

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

install what? i thought winscp was ssh? im confused sorry for being a noob but does ssh have to be installed on the phone or my windows pc?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    install what? i thought winscp was ssh? im confused sorry for being a noob but does ssh have to be installed on the phone or my windows pc?
    WinSCP is an SFTP client to connects to servers, SSH (or more properly SSHd) is a server daemon that has to be running on your iPhone otherwise there's nothing for WinSCP to connect to.

Using Installer.app, install the BSD Subsystem, Community Sources, and the OpenSSH. After that's done, you're all set to go.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

kurtwalter_2 (09-05-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, why do i get this error

"Server unexpectedly closed network connection"?

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey Vantastic, I had he same problem how I fixed it. I'm running windows xp, I disabled my windows firewall since my router has a pretty good one. type 192.168.x.x or whatever your router log in is. Pull up your DHCP table and find your iphone's ip address. on your phone go to installer and open up uninstall. Scroll down and see if you have openssh on your phone. If it's in the uninstall list it's on your phone. Connect your phone to your pc and open Winscp. Make sure on the drop down you have chosen SFTP and not FTP use your ip address as the host then root/alpine as username and password respectively. It worked for me. Again I'm on XP not vista or a mac. If that doesn't work you may try restarting your router by first unpluggin your modem and router, bring your modem up first, then when you get all the lights on your modem then bring up your router and reboot. let me know if that helps

8. The Following User Says Thank You to roosevelthunt For This Useful Post:

kurtwalter_2 (09-05-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got sam eproblm