+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent Help

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Hey guys. I apologize if this is the wrong place for this post, but it seemed most appropriate. I've read over the forum and found multiple methods for putting my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Urgent Help
    Hey guys.

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this post, but it seemed most appropriate.

I've read over the forum and found multiple methods for putting my iPhone into "recovery" mode, but so far none of them have worked.

Quite honestly, I'm not sure what happened this evening. Two hours ago, my phone was working fine. I jailbreaked my phone and began to install things this evening and upon exiting installer app, the phone froze. I then restarted it, and now it's in a constant loop attempting, from what I can tell, to load up a SummerBoard theme. The original iPhone screen pops up, and then it alters into a black background, including the dock, and only the icons. After about two seconds, it resets itself and does the entire thing over and over again.

I've tried pushing both the power and home buttons to force it into recovery mode, but so far, again, it won't. Does anyone know of any other way to do this? I'm more than happy at this point to do a full restore, but the iPhone will not connect to my laptop...so obviously I'm unable to do that. Thanks you guys so much! I really don't want to have to buy a new iPhone, but since I'm sure the hacking voided the warranty, if I can't get this working I will have to.

Okay, just as an update:

I got it working again! I was noticing that when I put it on the wall charger, the iPhone was responding, but when I connected it to the laptop it was not. I'm sure you all know this already, but I got it to enter recovery mode while the USB was plugged into the computer. I was trying while it was not, and this is why it didn't work. I simply powered down the iPhone, plugged it in, which caused it to boot up, and then held the power and home buttons until the restore screen appeared.

It worked for me, so hopefully some other poor soul looking for help can look to this post for information.

As a side note, I swore I'd never hack my phone if it started working....and I'm hacking it again right now :-) What's wrong with me?
    Last edited by parisfan85; 11-01-2007 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost