Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help needed, thanks given!!

Default Help needed, thanks given!!
    Hello,

I really need some help here, I've tried allsorts of things but nothing seems to work.

OK here goes!

I bought an unlocked 1.02 iphone with youtube working from a US ebay seller to import to the UK. It arrived and was working perfectly, having had it a few hours I started dabbling with the installer and decided to put some games and small applications on (cant remember which).

Once I had installed the things from installer the phone had major lag, I could just about get bac k into installer but I could not do anything and it was taking 2-3 minuets to get into any of the front end menus.

I tried re-booting, and the home+power resets but the problem got worse - now the phone was hanging on the apple logo for 3-4 mins followed by getting white and black lines over the screen before it booted up into the same lag problem.

Someone on another forum said I should do a recover to 1.02 (using the shift-click method) which I did and now this is where the fun begins.

At this point I'm stuck on the 'activate iphone world screen', someone said I should do the 'jailbreakme.com' method using the *307 and then go to jailbreak me using safari - problem is it never rings back.

So someone else told me I should do a re-virginise then re-try the jailbreakme method after upgrading to 1.1.1, using the 'idiot proof' guide on hackintosh, but I cant get winSCP to connect to the iphone - I get the network error, I tried various things with that like re-installing winscp, rebooting my router, using alpine as the password etc but it still gives the network error.

So at this point I'm a bit it hacked off - any help, tips, suggestions will be happily recieved!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geeaer13 View Post
    Someone on another forum said I should do a recover to 1.02 (using the shift-click method) which I did and now this is where the fun begins.

At this point I'm stuck on the 'activate iphone world screen', someone said I should do the 'jailbreakme.com' method using the *307 and then go to jailbreak me using safari - problem is it never rings back.
    Doesn't jailbreakme require 1.1.1? The official site says so. Did you upgrade to 1.1.1 in iTunes? Between those two paragraphs you don't say whether you upgraded.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Thanks for replying!

Should have said, I have not upgraded to 1.1.1 - I actually dont want to at the moment - I would be happy with a working phone!

In the meantime, I've managed to get to para 11 of this guide successfully:-

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6637

But when I use went to install anysim I installed and ran v1.02 rather than v1.1p as the guide says because only 1.02 was in the app menu and when I ran it the iphone hung on the 'launching commcast' (or something similar) screen.

OK. Check out this guide. You have a better idea what condition your iPhone is in. The diagram should guide you in the right direction. If you still wanna stay in 1.0.2, then use the guide to either revirginize or unbrick. Then look up the many guides on 1.0.2.

Otherwise, if you wanna go for broke and go 1.1.1 (I recommend it, because jailbreakme has made it so easy), upgrade your revirginized 1.0.2 in iTunes and use jailbreakme.
    Sydney, Australia

5. The Following User Says Thank You to truenorth For This Useful Post:

Geeaer13 (11-01-2007)

Again, thanks for replying.

At this point I have activated and jailbreaked it and have the anysimn 1.1p installed via the frenchiphone link and anysim is currenly running.

I could not virginise it because I keep getting the network error, so for now I cant virginise and go to 1.1.1 for fear of it being bricked.

Anysim just finished and sadi it is successfully unlocked - will let you know how I get on!

Everything seems to work!!

The only slightly annoying thing is the dailer seems to be in the american setting so numbers come up like this:- 12-1234-12343

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Geeaer13; 11-01-2007 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Here's the thread for that fix.
    Sydney, Australia

8. The Following User Says Thank You to truenorth For This Useful Post:

Geeaer13 (11-01-2007)

Awesome, thanks for the help!