+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone F*&ked Up - Desperately Need Help

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Unlocked my first Iphone 2 months ago using Freeit4less with no problems. A friend of mine from Europe visiting bought an Iphone and asked me to unlock it. It had
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone F*&ked Up - Desperately Need Help
    Unlocked my first Iphone 2 months ago using Freeit4less with no problems. A friend of mine from Europe visiting bought an Iphone and asked me to unlock it. It had firmware 1.1.1 on it. I started the process of trying to downgrade the phone to 1.02. The firmware didn't stick, and the phone is stuck in a perpetual restore mode (It shows the phone connector & the Itunes logo). I tried restoring it using 1.02 & 1.1.1 and each time it gives me an error iphone "Iphone" could not be restored. Error (2).

My friend is leaving back for Europe tomorrow, and I can't restore the phone. Ya think I can return it back to the Apple store given the thing on the screen? Any ideas?

Thanks

Default what type
    r u using mac or pc?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Try in other PC
    Your problem is relatived common, you must try again in other pc to do restore process using Itunes 7.2.
    The iphone was in restoring process, but it not endding in normal process, because you have problem.

Thanks

Connect the iPhone to itunes, hold the Power and Home buttons to reset like you normally do, but after precisely 10 seconds, release the Power button. Keeping pressing the Home button until iTunes pops up and says the phone needs to be restored. The restore usually works after that, many here can attest.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I can certainly attest. If the phone still has the boot loader of 1.1.1, another option is to unplug power, turn the power off on the iPhone, hold down the home button, connect power/usb cable back. This should get you to a restore point as well. If you are a Windows user, you may want to reboot your PC first (if not already done so).

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxjoebreadxx's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have the Sync logo, not a yellow triangle, You should be OK. Just Hold power and home buttons togeather for 10 seconds, the phone will power off. Then release the power button while still holding the home buttons. Itunes will let you restore to 1.0.2.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had the same problem. Except for the fact that I wasn't trying to unlock my phone. What I had to do was uninstall itunes and then reinstall. I had to uninstall a few programs first thought. quicktime, any updates and there was one more I cant remember which. Anyways I reinstalled itunes and it fixed everything.