Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone is disabled!!!!!!!!!!

Default Iphone is disabled!!!!!!!!!!
    for 1 of my buddies it says iphone is disabled
    connect to itunes

and when i connect to itunes it says
    "cannot connect since it is locked with a passcode" and i gotta enter a passcode on the iphone how ever it wont let me enter a passcode...

please help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

just bring it up in restore mode and restore it. then activate it again and that should clear it right up. you'll lose any data on it though

how do i bring it up in restore mode??

Thanks

hold the sleep and hold buttons for about 25 seconds through a couple of reboots until it gets to a screen that says connect to itunes....don't let go of the buttons till it does.

hold button???

Thanks

hold=home...sorry

ok i tried that but it just sits at the screen were the u see the apple icon (when 1st starting the phone)

edit: ok it finally came to a screen but says ipone disables please connect to itunes

but itunes says samething needs to add password
    Last edited by unplug; 10-30-2007 at 12:00 AM.

hey all..

my iphone giving same problem.. IPhone Disabled.. tried the Power+Home to get it to restore mode. but the itunes doesnt take the iphone gives an error.
    do we have any kind of master reset code or any software which flashes the Iphone and give a Default factory setting... also wanned to know if we can some how re-install the iphone firmware using a different application or any of that sort..

Mannu

I have the same problem with my iphone too...

try to hold down the power and home button, but it doesn't restart...

need help...

or do we have some way to open the iphone to fix it or any other application to fix the error...

Andy

nothing like a visual aid! Go here...
    [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=fiTcKMZfyfk&feature=related]YouTube - How to put your iPhone in DFU mode[/ame]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ronzo For This Useful Post:

nunocorreia79 (09-07-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

sounds like u guys have an iphone, witha passcode, that u do not know the code for...
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Exclamation now what...i need help!
    ok what can i do, i brought the iphone from someone who already tried to unlock the passcode and disabled the phone. then it was telling me to plug it into itunes and itunes was tellin me to put in the passcode. then i came here and read how i can restore it. so now its in restore mode and when the software is finished downloading, its tellin me i need to have service. now when i unplug it, its just blank...wat can i do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Thanks

wow, it seems you bought a stolen iphone. i mean the previous owner of the iphone should know his/her passcode. unless it was stolen and he/she decides to sell it.

I just love apple's passcode..what a wonderful security feature..lol

Thanks

My wife and I both have an Iphone. Her brother went to school with it and forgot her password and caused it to lock up. The iphone just sayed "Iphone is disabled" and we got on Itunes and tried to restore it but it gives an Error saying that it won't restore it. I don't know what to do.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hfinmyblood View Post
    My wife and I both have an Iphone. Her brother went to school with it and forgot her password and caused it to lock up. The iphone just sayed "Iphone is disabled" and we got on Itunes and tried to restore it but it gives an Error saying that it won't restore it. I don't know what to do.
    Place the phone into DFU mode then restore it.

Thanks

when i restore it, it gives me this, It Says "The Iphone "Iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured.(9)

bump for help

bump again
    Last edited by hfinmyblood; 04-21-2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default iPhone is disabled
    My iPhone was lost and at a party and I later recovered it a few days later. Apparently the person that found it had tried to bypass the passcode but in the process disabled the phone. Unfortunately I don't want to do a complete wipe of the phone via a hard restore because I want access to the photos and phone numbers that have not been synced. Any suggestions?

Thanks

^He can't disable the phone permanently. It only goes up to an hour I think.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

change the usb port, sometimes i get similar errors when i try to restore, also you can restore in 2 ways DFU mode and Restore mode, DFU mode is with black screen on phone, and Recovery mode is with itunes icon and USB cable on screen. So put your phone in either one of these modes and then try to restore, for DFU connect the cable power off the phone, when it is powered off press and hold power button for 3 sec. then without releasing power button press home button too for 10 sec, thenwithout releasing home button release the power button, hold the home button a little more 10-20 sec. util your pc find the iphone in DFU mode, when it is found and the driver for it is installed (if you have itunes it will find it automatically) then open itunes and restore

SAME PROBLEM !!!

If i put it in dfu mode.. Would it work the same way on a 2g iphone???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast