Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick restore questions

Default Quick restore questions
    I'm having screen issues and need to take my 1.0.2 iphone in to the Apple store to get looked at and maybe replaced.

The phone:
    -is jailbroken. I have done the various mods, adding apps, etc
    -is not unlocked. Never unlocked once, still on ATT
    -was never upgraded to 1.1.1

If I follow the restore instructions here: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...firmware_1.0.2

will my phone a) properly restore to 1.0.2, b) no longer be jailbroken, and c) more importantly look like a normal store bought phone when I take it in?

Thanks. All my questions have been vaguely answered, but I just wanted to try to get it all confirmed in one post.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Nashville, TN- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
    Thanks

Yeah that will make it stock if you upgrade to 1.1.1 and then downgrade back to 1.0.2

Thanks for the help.

Do I need to upgrade to 1.1.1 first? Or should I be able to run the restore with 1.0.2 still on the iphone?

just do the restore to 1.02- gives the idea that you dont even really use a computer much less know how to mod. wink

Ha, no, I'm normally confident in this stuff. Just, here, iphone's expensive, want to do everything I can to make sure not to screw it up / make sure they'll fix it. Thanks again though

i feel ya.. i got very lucky with mind.. i was one of the many that used anysim and then updated to 1.1.1- but lucky that when I contacted apple-they sent me a loaner and then after receiving mine they sent me a brand new one..

I'm confused with instructions here: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.ph...firmware_1.0.2

It says in the third bullet:

"When iTunes asks you what file you would like to restore from, navigate to your 1.0.2 folder. You may have to rename that file to .zip and uncompress it."

I first restored from the .ipsw file and went thru bypassing activation and the anySIM unlock. Everything seemed to work, except I got this error: "Couldn't load the secpack data." I thought I could ignore it, but my non-AT&T SIM is being rejected. So should I have renamed that .ipsw file to a .zip file? The instruction says, "You may have to rename..." I tried to rename it and the unzip produced many files.

So which is which? And if I zip and unzip, which of the many files should I use to restore to?
    Last edited by truenorth; 10-15-2007 at 02:52 AM. Reason: added important info

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    I'm confused with instructions here: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.ph...firmware_1.0.2

It says in the third bullet:

"When iTunes asks you what file you would like to restore from, navigate to your 1.0.2 folder. You may have to rename that file to .zip and uncompress it."

I first restored from the .ipsw file and went thru bypassing activation and the anySIM unlock. Everything seemed to work, but my non-AT&T sim is being rejected. So should I have renamed that .ipsw file to a .zip file? The instruction says, "You may have to rename..." I tried to rename it and the unzip produced many files.

So which is which? And if I zip and unzip, which of the many files should I use to restore to?
    Doesnt matter....if iTunes was able to use it, then it makes no difference

I see.

After the anySIM procedure, I got this error: "Couldn't load the secpack data." Would that be the reason why my SIM is being rejected?

Thanks

I see.

After the anySIM procedure, I got this error: "Couldn't load the secpack data." Would that be the reason why my SIM is being rejected?
    Yeah

Any solution then?

Btw, I believe the downgrade worked because the phone shows the fw as 1.0.2 now.

Thanks

Any solution then?

Btw, I believe the downgrade worked because the phone shows the fw as 1.0.2 now.
    Im a bit confused...in your first post you said that you've never unlocked the phone...so why are you using AnySim?

If the phone says its on 1.0.2...try to make a call.....does it work?

If so, then you are good to go

This is my first attempt to unlock. So I downgraded to 1.0.2, bypassed activation and used anySIM so I can use my non-AT&T SIM. Should I have used something other than anySIM?

I can't call because I get the message that my SIM is not authorized. And I can't use the original AT&T sIM because I'm not on AT&T.

UPDATE: Joy! Got it to work by downgrading the baseband then repeating jailbreak and anySIM.
    Last edited by truenorth; 10-17-2007 at 10:29 AM. Reason: resolved

This is my first attempt to unlock. So I downgraded to 1.0.2, bypassed activation and used anySIM so I can use my non-AT&T SIM. Should I have used something other than anySIM?

I can't call because I get the message that my SIM is not authorized. And I can't use the original AT&T sIM because I'm not on AT&T.

UPDATE: Joy! Got it to work by downgrading the baseband then repeating jailbreak and anySIM.

hi mate
    just want to ask u how did u sort that problem i have version 1.0.2 n gettin same error as urs couldnt load secpack data when i run anysim so how did u downgrade the baseband plz help