+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade Baseband 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 OSX

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Below is what I get when trying to SSH in to the phone via Terminal. The 'lau' after the prompt is what I typed before the connection shut down on
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Below is what I get when trying to SSH in to the phone via Terminal. The 'lau' after the prompt is what I typed before the connection shut down on me.

-sh-3.2# lau
    Connection to XX.XX.XX.XX closed.
    xxx-xxxs:~ username$

Hmmm...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mobilexile View Post
    Below is what I get when trying to SSH in to the phone via Terminal. The 'lau' after the prompt is what I typed before the connection shut down on me.

-sh-3.2# lau
    Connection to XX.XX.XX.XX closed.
    xxx-xxxs:~ username$

Hmmm...
    This is EXACTLY what is happening to me. It will let you type for almost one second and then it disconnects... Can anyone help me (and him) with this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nolandempsey View Post
    This is EXACTLY what is happening to me. It will let you type for almost one second and then it disconnects... Can anyone help me (and him) with this?
    I just had the same problem, couldn't find any answers here, but got it going again this way:

- On the iPhone, under installer, un-install openSHH
    - Launch Independence v1.22 (NOT any later ones)
    - Under the SSH tab un-install SSH
    - Re-install SSH using independence v1.22
    - On the iPhone, under installer, re-install BSD system
    - On the iPhone, under installer, installed openSSH
    - Reboot iPhone
    - Your done. The problem should now be gone.

This was much quicker than the thought of having to re-flash /re-upgrade/ etc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking Sweet, works great. Excellent instructions .......
    I just bricked my iPhone that I hardware unlocked on purpose ( really bored waiting for Leopard to arrive ) anyway followed mod my iphone instructions to the letter, downloaded the links provided, it failed several times, but quickly realised that if it failed, just restart the whole process from the beginning again it is quicker and needs to run without a glitch. Phone is back to unlocked and activated ( roger ), voice, you tube, text messaging and synced to itunes, everything running just like it was before. Did not update to 1.1.1. If the restore process does not hang, it took 24 minutes on my mac.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am not that lucky. I bought an iPhone with firmware 1.1.1 and downgrade it to 1.0.2 by following instructions from instructions
    ( http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.ph...1_to_1.0.2_OSX ) from one to seventeen. However, after using anySIM 1.02 to unlock, although anySIM says unlock is successful but I still cannot get mobile service. The worst thing is that after I reboot, my WiFi is gone! Any ideas, thanks a lot. I have spent 4 hours on this thing tonight :-( Really appreciate your reply.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by happyfeet View Post
    I am not that lucky. I bought an iPhone with firmware 1.1.1 and downgrade it to 1.0.2 by following instructions from instructions
    ( http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.ph...1_to_1.0.2_OSX ) from one to seventeen. However, after using anySIM 1.02 to unlock, although anySIM says unlock is successful but I still cannot get mobile service. The worst thing is that after I reboot, my WiFi is gone! Any ideas, thanks a lot. I have spent 4 hours on this thing tonight :-( Really appreciate your reply.
    Try restoring with 1.0.2 not with 1.1.1 so you can restorer you baseband back
    (/)EMESIS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by g5cs3mak View Post
    Hello, Somebody please help me, I have unlocked the iphone using Mac OS X, closely and carefully following the steps 1 to 17 from here ( http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX ), well my problem is that iPhone only accepts the SIM used during activation, when i trying to change antoher sim i have this message form the iphone" incorret sim please connect to itunes to reactivate iphone ", how can i resolve this problem ???
    I have the exact problem, could you please tell me whether you have find a solution yet. PS, I lost my wifi after reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis45 View Post
    Try restoring with 1.0.2 not with 1.1.1 so you can restorer you baseband back
    But how can I do baseband downgrade without a wifi. PS, do you suggest to restore a 1.0.2 baseband, i.e, the restore to the status before I use anysim to unlock it? THanks

Weird, I just reboot iPhone. It says "invalid sim card, connect to itune to reactivate". Then my wifi is working again. Not sure it is due to reboot or connecting to itune. Hope wifi stays after next reboot

I know how to fix wifi now. Anysim seems to break wifi. In order to get wifi back you need to run unlock. Just follow the instructions and be patient. Although unlock does not have fancy GUI, it does work. Although I still cannot get my SIM card working (not sure it is because of the SIM I am using, I am traveling in Beijing and using the prepaid SIM card offered by China Mobile), my wifi seems to be back online now :-) Hope this will help anyone have similar problem.
    Last edited by happyfeet; 10-27-2007 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im having the same problem as many other people in here. up until i run ieraser i'm fine, but when i do i get stuck at the "waiting for data" part.

but going by the nature of this thread, i know im not going to get an answer, so im gonna have to do with an ibrick until i find another guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone NVMY4N's Avatar
    Thanks

I too am now having trouble with typing in the "dottie" password

I remember doing it a different way....

any help?
    Thanks

Strange

I enter dottie (nothing types out in terminal)
    hit enter in terminal....gives me an error.

use Fugu (cyberduck) and it allows me in........
    Last edited by NVMY4N; 10-27-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Transformers Movie Sound Pack for your iPhone-HERE

"300" Movie Sound Pack for your iPhone-HERE

If you are helped, use the button. It's a much better stat than a post count.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation The New 1.1.1 Has A Downgrade "lock"?
    Hey!

I'm exhausted with this problem I've got: Just got my iPhone bought three days ago and I'm now trying these steps you've explained to downgrade and unlock it. But every time I'm trying to begin with the first downgrading step i.e. downgrading form 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 with iTunes, the extraction process starts but right after the exctraction process is complete and it should go on to the "Preparing iPhone for Restore" -phase that phase doesn't start, and iTunes displays the message:

"The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)."

I first tried it with the "out of the box" set up i.e. turning it on for the very first time when beginning with the unlocking. But being desperate I updated iPhone with the newest version the iTunes downloads but the problem was still there. The update and restore process for the newest update went through perfectly but when trying to downgrade, the things don't work.

I haven't activated my iPhone yet, but when running the iNdependence utility it also has a problem with switching to the restore mode. The iPhone can display the normal start up screen, so it's not totally messed up or DOA. But please help me with this, there must be some way to do it! All this got me to wondering if they've build up "an unlocking lock" in the iPhones newest firmware. Any news about this or new 1.1.1 downgrading instructions or even more precise advice with my problem?

-phi

Solution/editing:

Ok, I now got the first thing: It's essential to get the iPhone in the downgrade-enabled state and in the process the timing is essential i.e. holding down the home and sleep keys for the right time. But now I'm stuck in the iNdependence: It just stucks in the "returning to jail" process. WHy? Please give me some advice!

-phi
    Last edited by phirvonen; 10-29-2007 at 01:57 AM. Reason: new info / learning step by step

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Downgraded successfully! The dreaded 0049 IMEI is now gone, I am now able to go with any carrier. Thanks for the well written guide. Peace.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default waiting for data
    # chmod +x ieraser
    # ieraser
    Resetting the Baseband...Done
    Opened: /dev/tty.baseband
    iEraser: tool by geohot
    thanks to gray and the dev team for the implementation
    thanks to nightwatch for the awesome toolchain
    and thanks to anonymous, iProof, lazyc0der, and dinopio for the idea for this cool trick
    this tool erases your main fw, starting at 0x20000. you need this for the testpoint to work
    you need a file called secpack matching your current firmware version in this folder
    see http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com for instructions on finding this file
    Waiting for data...

how long should it take b/c it is "waiting for data" for awhile now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when i try to type in the password dottie, terminal wont let me. any ideas?

thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjay9 View Post
    when i try to type in the password dottie, terminal wont let me. any ideas?

thanks.
    when it asks for a password it won't show so just type in dottie and then hit enter.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem like you guys.
    I can unlock my phone.

What should I do?

Best Regards Patrik

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi

thank you for your great guide to downgrade to 1.0.2 with OSX

i have a question about it, when i have done all that the guide says do i have a 1.0.2 virgin phone or can i upgrade it to 1.1.1 and it will still be a virgin ??

Thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi just tried your solution got all way to step 15 and then it failed might be because iam on modem 4.02 can you help

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

This does not work with 1.1.2.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My fancy Iphone paperweight is still a struggle.
    I am stuck as early as step four - which version of Itunes is needed. I have tried 7.7 and 7.5, but INdepedence i requiring another version.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123