Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade Baseband 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 OSX

Default Do NOT use this method!
    I do NOT recommend using this method to downgrade the baseband! It bricked my iphone and I have an AT&T acct and haven never unlocked my phone! I took my phone in to Apple and they said it was typical of a bricked phone (the IMEI number changes to a standard number). Luckily, I know the Genius guys and just gave me a new iPhone. I probably won't be so lucky next time though!

Hi I'm stuck in the ierase process, it stays in waiting for data... My FW was 1.1.1. from the box, downgraded and all the info of the baseband is exactly the same as the one on the web page.
    Any ideas?

used mobile terminal instead?

it work for me
    (/)EMESIS

when i downloaded the achieve, the secpack file was missing. I thought it was download problem, but i downloaded it again, and file was still missing. Is there another mirror to download the file from?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis45 View Post
    used mobile terminal instead?

it work for me
    so, you said it works for you. please help me.
    actually it is not clear for me:
    1. before i start with hole process to downgrade the baseband, i have to insert my non att simcard? (i have hungarian vodafone)
    2. after the activation i will be able to install third party applications as anySIM etc.? is that means that i will be able to UNLOCK my phone and use it with 1.0.2 firmware and baseband? (at this moment i'm not interested about upgrade to 1.1.1)
    (actually i'll go to the us november 1st and i'll buy an iphone then, but now this guide looks like as a safe solution. i'm i right?)

Default Stuck on Step 4
    Hi,

I have a new out of the box iPhone v.1.1.1 and I am stuck on step 4. My iphone says "Please connect to iTunes" and when I bring up independence, it fails and gives an error message. However when I disconnect the iPhone from my MAC, independence comes up fine.
    For some reason, independence cannot start when my iPhone is connected to the computer. As a result I cannot get rid of the "Please connect to iTunes" error (step 4 was to get rid of this error). Please help.

Hello Bobsmith101,

To get better volume, try removing the clear cover that is on the screen (or only on top of the earpiece). I was having the same problem with my first iPhone and this resolved it. Did you have any problems with step 4?
    Last edited by sj774; 10-16-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I still cannot get this to work with my AT&T service

Hey Im still getting error 1 when trying to restore with itunes. I have the phone iwith a blank screen ( no icons @ all) it starts opening then is gives me this damn error.

# ieraser
    Resetting the Baseband...Done
    Opened: /dev/tty.baseband
    iEraser: tool by geohot
    thanks to gray and the dev team for the implementation
    thanks to nightwatch for the awesome toolchain
    and thanks to anonymous, iProof, lazyc0der, and dinopio for the idea for this cool trick
    this tool erases your main fw, starting at 0x20000. you need this for the testpoint to work
    you need a file called secpack matching your current firmware version in this folder
    see http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com for instructions on finding this file
    Waiting for data...

this is where it gets stuck for me no go from here on

I have done this whole process twice from the downgrade of 1.1.1 to the AnySim unlock with no luck. I get bars for a signal for a split second and then they go away which means it cant find a signal for activation. Then when I continue to step 18 I get the Incorrect SIM message again. I have followed the steps to a "T" and get no errors but still no phone. Anyone out there have a answer?

Default Without wifi
    can you tell me a form to do this without a wifi connection in terminal by USB

Hello, Somebody please help me, I have unlocked the iphone using Mac OS X, closely and carefully following the steps 1 to 17 from here ( http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX ), well my problem is that iPhone only accepts the SIM used during activation, when i trying to change antoher sim i have this message form the iphone" incorret sim please connect to itunes to reactivate iphone ", how can i resolve this problem ???

Default Waiting for data...
    I am on step 13 and my terminal screen just sits there at "Waiting for data..." Does anyone have any idea why it is doing this? I had a 1.0.2 version that got updated to 1.1.1 and I am trying to get it back to 1.0.2 so that I can set it up for an unlock with 1.1.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I desppretly need help my phone wont go threw the downgrade, I have a plugin sign and i tunes sign on the screen but it fails on the first part of the restore and then independence wont work it cant connect what can i do I have been trying for aa response 4 weeks... someone help

hey, what anysim should i use here?
    help.............

I used anysim 1.0.2 and it works with me. I'm using it ryt now... Thanks guys!
    Last edited by dlanorqm; 10-22-2007 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!! worked perfectly! and i locked it back to virgin state. does this mean i can now upgrade to 1.1.1??? thanks soo much! again

EDIT:::: i went to upgrde and did a restore and upgrade. when i did this everything went fine until it finished updating then i got invalid sim again!!!???? wats up??
    Last edited by Portdogmc; 10-23-2007 at 12:49 AM.

Hey Guys, i'm having a big big problem. Right now, i have been able to downgrade about 4 iPhones using the same way described. But right now a friend of mine asked me do unlock his 1.1.1 phone, and sad that someone already tried it to unlock and downgrade. I said yeah no problem, i can do it, but right now i'm pretty ******.

Cause I don't actually know what have been done with iPhone, but i think, it was after the 1.1.1 update downgraded back to 1.0.2 but they didn't downgrade the baseband, and after that updateg again to 1.1.1.Used iNdependence 1.2.5. Right now, i'm able to downgrade the phone back to 1.0.2 install apptapp and activate, jailbreak and get the ssh on it. But when i'm trying to connect to the Wi-Fi the phone says no Wi-Fi. Well I'm pretty sure it was bricked but i got the picture in front of it. So I really need your help, how to get the phones wifi back, so I could continue with the downgrade????!!!!! Help needed.

PS! The phone sends a message that it needs repairing.

Quote Originally Posted by crazysev29 View Post
    for some reason my terminal wont let me type the password (dottie).

Any suggestions??

Same here! Any solutions already for this?

sj774,

My biggest problem is not being able to get Wifi working again. Have not found a solution.

I can move files onto the phone using:

http://www.iphoneworld.ca/news/2007/...ility-windows/

Without Wifi, I can't terminal in to execute any commands to even try to fix the IMEI

Quote Originally Posted by mosaik View Post
    I desppretly need help my phone wont go threw the downgrade, I have a plugin sign and i tunes sign on the screen but it fails on the first part of the restore and then independence wont work it cant connect what can i do I have been trying for aa response 4 weeks... someone help
    mosaik,

As you can see from this forum many are having troubles with the downgrade. My advice is to wait!!!!
    Last edited by bobsmith101; 10-23-2007 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bobsmith101 For This Useful Post:

scytheman#73 (10-29-2007)

hi guys
    the process blocks here .......you need a file called secpack matching your current firmware version in this folder
    Waiting for data...

help me please

everything work fine except this
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04.01.13_G
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:207
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:7
    bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:3.9_M3S2
    Done
    # chmod +x ieraser
    # ieraser
    Resetting the Baseband...Done
    Opened: /dev/tty.baseband
    iEraser: tool by geohot
    thanks to gray and the dev team for the implementation
    thanks to nightwatch for the awesome toolchain
    and thanks to anonymous, iProof, lazyc0der, and dinopio for the idea for this cool trick
    this tool erases your main fw, starting at 0x20000. you need this for the testpoint to work
    you need a file called secpack matching your current firmware version in this folder
    Waiting for data...

anabody knows? please

nobody?
    Last edited by iScarz; 10-23-2007 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast