Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: ILibertyis a discussion within the
Wiki Discussionsforums, a part of the
Discussion thread for ILibertyX . If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button....
03-26-2008, 12:52 PM #1ILiberty
Discussion thread for ILibertyX. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
Last edited by dale1v; 06-24-2008 at 01:33 PM.
03-26-2008, 02:58 PM #2
This is great. I used iPlus 2.0b before and this one is getting better. After quick looking, I have a couple of questions.
1. Does the jailbreak + activation + unlock (for BL 3.9fb) option still provide Installer fix, BSD, term-vt100 fix, SummerBoard path fix, and relocating fonts and ringtones, as iPlus did?
2. In the Payloads tab, when download finished, e.g, "Install BBInfo", where is the downloaded file? Can I keep it for later use so that I don't need to download again?
3. I noticed that I have to "Download" packages in Payloads tab each time I open iLiberty+, even I had download same stuff before. Can this be managed that the download files are stored at a specific folder, named like "payloads" or something, so the program doesn't need to download again? Instead, the program only needs to search a specific folder before it tries to download.
These are some questions I have after first look at iLiberty+. Any comment is appreciated. Thank you.If my comment is helpful,
you can thank me by clicking "Thanks" button.
iPhone 8G OTB 1.1.2 --> 1.1.4
03-26-2008, 03:52 PM #3
Used this and my stupid phone won't stop freezing. I tried installing BSD and Community sources but it would simply say "downloading", then take me to the homescreen. Those didn't show up, and when I looked for it under "Uninstall", it wasn't there either.
This whole thing is getting ridiculously old. I'm sick and tired of these things not working. No one seems willing to answer questions (evident by the numerous threads which end without an answer).
03-27-2008, 11:22 AM #4
I think I'll stick with iPlus, it seems Iliberty doesn't install neither BSD Subsystem nor OpenSSH. Correct me if I'm wrong.
03-27-2008, 01:17 PM #5
May I seek your kind advice, given my extremely infant knowledge & experience:
- *Given the brand new*OTB 1.1.4 (4.6BL) 16G iPhone*I have (never jailbroken, activated nor unlocked before), do I still need to restore to 1.1.4 using iTunes before running iLibertyX?
- *Some other website mentioned that I need to place iLibertyX on desktop to run it. *Is this correct?
- *Given the brand new iPhone I have, do I need to add the Reflash E/W/B payload?
- *Do I need to add the International Payload (as required for iPlus 2.0b) separately, or it's already included in the standard run? *If I need to, where can I get the International Payload for iLibertyX, or the one for iPlus 2.0b will do?
- *Do I need to add the YouTube Fix payload separately, or it's already included in the standard run?
- *Assuming I complete the jailbreak, activate & unlock process, and then later on I want to add other payloads, do I just do the payloads, or I still need to click J/A/U again?
Please excuse me for my silly questions. *Your kind advice would be mostly appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
04-03-2008, 11:26 AM #6
ok I Activated thru iTunes 1.1.4 OTB then Jailbroke with iLiberty+ with np, now what should I do? I want themes and an AIM app web based. O and does it matter that I left my iTunes to auto sync? should i take that off before installing apps?
04-16-2008, 12:25 PM #7
i have 1.0.2 version firmware on my phone and i haven't updated it because i'm afraid of bricking the phone... i'm assuming that i have to update my phone thru itunes b4i have to use iliberty+ right?
04-16-2008, 12:48 PM #8
I have two iPhones, an 8 GB 1.1.1 and a 16 GB 1.1.3. I first updated each phone to 1.1.4 through iTunes and then used ILiberty to unlock and jailbreak each one. The process worked beautifully! I tried other methods with no success. ILiberty was by far the easiest and most successful method for me!
04-16-2008, 01:02 PM #9
that answered my question, thanks so much golfpro!
04-22-2008, 07:48 PM #10
If anyone can help me that would be much appreciated. I was running iLiberty+ for OSX. It was going nicely then got hung up during the Jailbreak operation. The text run across screen and then it just stopped. I left it on for a few hours hoping it would finish, but it never went any farther. So, I left it on and ran out for a quick bite to eat, and came back and my computer had been shut off. I guess the power cord came out a wile ago and it died on me. Anyways, what can be done to fix this as the program no longer recognizes my phone.
Thanks for all of the help.
Last edited by HoppyWB; 04-22-2008 at 07:54 PM.
04-23-2008, 04:29 PM #11Unlock Failed?
I was running iLiberty+ for OSX. I noticed that Unlock Failed came up- and am unable to unlock. Any help would be appreciated.
04-25-2008, 05:23 AM #12
"Executing phase-2, please be patient..."
has been on my screen for about 40 minutes now... is it supposed to take this long? The iPhone i'm trying to fix has been restored/ZiPhoned/pwn'ed multiple times and is still bricked.
04-26-2008, 05:48 AM #13
05-08-2008, 12:33 AM #14
I ran Liberty and inserted my SIM and nothing happened...what did i do wrong
05-08-2008, 08:02 PM #15
05-08-2008, 08:09 PM #16
I had a similar problem, I just put in DFU mode and then restored to the original firmware, but I was only trying to jailbreak and not unlock.
05-09-2008, 03:11 PM #17
I used Liberty... and everything seams to work fine... but my phone does not activate. The payloads did not allow me down load them either. Could tha have something to do with it? Either way my phone does not have any service. Any help?
05-09-2008, 06:19 PM #18
Were you just trying to jailbreak or unlock? There have been a lot of people who have said the payloads do not go onto the phone using ilberty. I would restore and try it again, and if that doesn't work I would use Pwnage.
05-12-2008, 03:42 AM #19
I think I completely blew it. It said Liberty was easy as can be. I downloaded it and ran it and now my phone is a continuous screen of "BSD root:md0, major 2, minor 0"
I figured I should re-store and start again, but now not even iTunes recognizes the iPhone. So I am completely stuck. And, even if I did restore, would'nt that brick my phone? All I was trying to do was upgrade my 1.0.2 to 1.1.2
can anyone please tell me what I should or can do? in a big jam here!
05-12-2008, 03:43 AM #20
I am having the same problem and would love to get some help. Iliberty is stuck in the "executing jailbreak" screen and after a while my phone turns off....then when I turn it one I get the black screen with text and that same message comes up over and over... I even tried leaving it alone for hours.
does anyone know what is happening or how to fix it?