Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Searching for 1 contact in a list of 500+ I misplaced my search bar

Exclamation Searching for 1 contact in a list of 500+ I misplaced my search bar
    Someone please help me! I can no longer search for a contact within my contacts via the phone app or the contacts app after 7.0.4 jailbreak on my iPhone 5 (verizon). The search bar is no longer there, nor is there a small magnifying glass on top of the alphabet on the right. For the purpose of fully informing you... I have also jailbroken my iPhone 5s 7.0.4 (AT&T) and that ASLO has no search bar or magnifying glass.

I really only care about my verizon phone as that is my work phone and the contacts list is out of control and takes me to long to search within them... PLEASE HELP
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

I've always had a rule of thumb about which iPhone and iPad to jailbreak. usually it's best to not jailbreak your work phone or your primary phone you use daily due to the risk of doing something wrong or deleting someone via iFile because some half bit forum said it was ok and you brick your service.

also, you know you can search contacts with Spotlight (drag the top of your screen down to active Spotlight.) anyways - hope I was able to help.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rewlah For This Useful Post:

therandy (03-18-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Rewlah View Post
    I've always had a rule of thumb about which iPhone and iPad to jailbreak. usually it's best to not jailbreak your work phone or your primary phone you use daily due to the risk of doing something wrong or deleting someone via iFile because some half bit forum said it was ok and you brick your service.

also, you know you can search contacts with Spotlight (drag the top of your screen down to active Spotlight.) anyways - hope I was able to help.
    Thank you for your reply, I did find out what was going on though. I downloaded a tweak "QuickGestures" that I use regularly and one of the options in the settings was to remove the search bar. My fault for not paying attention.

I agree though, it was risky JBing my work phone...but it is a MUST on any iOS device =) Thanks again.
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?