Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: messages app issue

Default messages app issue
    ok, so i've been talking to a few new girls, all of which don't have iphones, so messages has been sending texts to them, instead of imessage (of course) and for an entire day, i wasn't hearing back from like 3 girls, but i was hearing back from my friend's wife who also has an android (no idea what the 3 girls have specifically) i find out that one of them isn't recieving ANY of my texts, i reboot the phone, no dice, close all the apps, screw around for a while, and finally 2 girls say they got all of the messages i had sent all day, all at once... I think this is a local problem, with my phone, as after doing a full reboot, then closing the messages app and rebooting it manually, the list of previously sent messages (the normal list/preview thing) the last few I had sent weren't there, nor was the conversation with 2 incoming and 4 outgoing messages to a girl I had JUST started talking to, and hadn't programmed the number of, after about 3 minutes it popped back up and she texted me about 2 minutes later saying that she got them finally... today i'm getting the silent treatment from 2 of them, not sure if they are busy, ignoring me, or my phone isn't sending them texts again! at no point did any of the messages give me errors, btw.

reading through the internet with this issue, apparently after a restore, it solved the problem, so i figure i'm going to do that, but I just spent like 4 hours re organizing my phone, pictures, apps, folders, ect, and don't want to lose all of that work. If I restore from a backup, is this going to just reinstall all of the issues my phone currently has, or will it restore all the normal data from apple, then just put my contact list, photos and apps back on, ontop of the fresh install?

i'm going to do the restore from backup ANYWAYS, worst case scenario, it will waste a little bit of electricity doing that overnight while i sleep... oh well!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 6,207 Posts

Restoring from a backup will re-install the issues you may have had. You should just sync (with iTunes or iCloud) your data back after you have restored and set up as a new phone, then jailbreak.

ok, i'll give that a try, i'm not currently jailbroken, and for the time being i'm not going to both doing it

how do i sync in my contacts and messages though?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 6,207 Posts

Sync your device first with iTunes or iCloud before starting the update and jailbreak. Then, restore to new firmware, sync data, then jailbreak.

and that will put my message history and contacts back in, or just the music, pictures and videos?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Stop messaging these girls for few days, they will start calling you.

Quote Originally Posted by John_723 View Post
    Stop messaging these girls for few days, they will start calling you.
    yeah thats fine and all, except it doesnt make my phone start sending texts again...

When I go onto my messages app on my iPod it flashes up but doesn't bring up my conversation and then it goes off. How do I get it to work