Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom SMS Sounds

Thanks

Default Custom SMS Sounds
    Discussion thread for Custom SMS Sounds. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

I cant seem to locate or create a root directory. Please help. I have cyberduck and fugu and understand the concept of creating the sounds and dragging ad dropping but I simply cannot seem to locate my iphone via my mac>?

Help

x

Quick question. Is anyone else getting only right channel on sounds added this way? The default ones work fine with stereo, but mine seem to be coming in mono. Stupid Audacity.

Is there any way to do this on a PC? If not, then on a mac is there some particular software needed, do the phone need to be jail broken etc?

Thanks

The SMS custom sound tutorial is a great tutorial, but the problem is that is intented for MAC users, and 1.1.4 firmware, is there any other way to doit in a 2.0 firmware iphone and running XP OS?

Thanks a lot

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

The XP method on 2.0 is essentially the same. I just uploaded my cutom UI sounds to the same directory as last time.

I managed to do this one Windows XP over the weekend.

Follow this tutorial to get the sounds in the right format.

Install SSH on you iphone (openSSH available on Cydia) and also WinSCP on your PC (free download available on NET)

Do a search on Google for Windows Guide to USing WinSCP with Iphone and follow instructions to creat an FTP connection to your Iphone via Wifi (note it took about 2 minutes for mine to connect - left the warning message up for that time and accepted certificate when it came up)

Once connected, you will need to click the [..] a number of times before you see the system folder and then you can navigate to the folder give in this tutorial and drag and drop.

Hope this helps - well chuffed that I now, again have Yoda to tell me I have a message from the Dark side

Quote Originally Posted by killerteam View Post
    The SMS custom sound tutorial is a great tutorial, but the problem is that is intented for MAC users, and 1.1.4 firmware, is there any other way to doit in a 2.0 firmware iphone and running XP OS?

Thanks a lot