Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Is iPhone 4S unlock possible?
07-02-2012, 07:51 AM #1
Is iPhone 4S unlock possible?
What's up guys? so, a friend is getting a 4S brought (used) from the US and he wants me to unlock it. My first guess was no way! since there hasn't been any ultrasn0w updates that work with the 4S's baseband as far as I know. But then I thought what I did with the 3GS (updating to the iPad baseband, then unlocking). Now, watching MY 4S (factory unlocked) the baseband says 2.0.12 and as I recall, iPad's was 6.15.something so I would be able to update it..
Would this work?
I don't want him to buy something that he won't be able to use, also I don't want to get his hopes up for nothing. Thanks for your help! I appreciate it
07-02-2012, 08:02 AM #2
I think the only way to get a 4S unlocked is a factory unlock and a gevey sim not sure if the gevey still works thow.
07-02-2012, 08:20 AM #3
but what about the baseband update? is that a no go?
07-02-2012, 10:09 AM #4
That's not possible. You can't install iPad baseband on a 4S
07-02-2012, 07:29 PM #5
07-02-2012, 07:30 PM #6
07-02-2012, 07:31 PM #7
07-02-2012, 07:44 PM #8
Glad we could help
07-02-2012, 07:46 PM #9
07-02-2012, 07:46 PM #10
Glad I could be here for the thanks
07-06-2012, 06:04 PM #11
Yes my friend the only way is factory unlocked and using Gevey ultra s I try it myself and better than nothing. Good Luck
10-03-2012, 03:20 AM #12
If its on AT&T couldn't you just factory unlock it? (Like $30 online)
10-08-2012, 07:50 PM #13
I bought a 4S about a week ago from the US, pick them up cheap enough on eBay, I got mine factory unlocked for $10 got it done from some lad on eBay.
Make sure if you are to buy one to have it activated or buy a AT&T sim on eBay too, had to wait another week for my sim to come. Although people are selling 4S cheap now because of the 5, at least in Ireland anyway.
01-24-2013, 10:54 AM #14
just saw it in this forum that YES its now out !
03-14-2013, 06:35 AM #15
1. Insert original carrier AT&T SIM card
2. Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call
3. Turn on Airplane Mode
4. Take out AT&T SIM card
5. Insert T-Mobile SIM card
6. Make sure WiFi is off ( also tap on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later)
7. Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.
8. Activation Required will be displayed on the screen
9. EDGE network will activate automatically – notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen
10. Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone
11. Turn on iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed
12. When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection
13. Eject SIM card
14. Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time
15. Insert SIM card