Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keep wifi on even after phone is asleep

Use "insomnia" free from Cydia, it'll keep wifi connected always!

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    Use "insomnia" free from Cydia, it'll keep wifi connected always!
    Insomnia doesn't work for me (at least since 4.x)....iP4 on 5.0.1 & 5.1.1. Trying to use SafariDownloadManager and have it keep downloading after the device locks. Also tried keep awake SBSetttings toggle. I know of some manual and/or cydia alternatives but I wanted something that didn't require me setting the device auto lock to never (or caffeine 2) nor dim my screen (screen dimmer) to accomplish the same thing that insomnia used to do.

Has anyone else got insomnia to work on iP4 5.0.1 or 5.1.1? ....or any Cydia replacement suggestions?

Surely there must be an equivalent tweak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

is there a tweak?

Quote Originally Posted by sclntrk View Post
    is there a tweak?
    Insomnia works!

This dumbass is talking about android not iphone
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats the need of keeping the wi-fi on i would say better to close it off when not in use
    click here >>>QVC Coupon

Quote Originally Posted by RobynKeith View Post
    whats the need of keeping the wi-fi on i would say better to close it off when not in use
    Whats the point of having contacts on an iPad? Or even jailbreaking, for that matter? Everyone has their reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyman View Post
    Weird, but I think jacob1 is referring to an Android device. Here is "Wireless and networks" under settings on an Android:

As with regards to the iPhone, I can contribute to the topic by saying that at least when it comes to iPod Touch, there is no option whatsoever to set the sleep time for WiFi.

However, the odd thing is that my iPod Touch WiFi does is never disabled. I can confirm that, since I receive FB notifications straight away both on my PC and on the iPod. The auto-off might only be valid for the iPhone since battery would drain if both 3G/GSM and WiFi were on all the time.
    this moron is talking about android

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12