+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gv SMS and phone extension on iPhone

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hi this is a question to all the people who have this installed on their iPhone or know about it. So I have an iPhone (with sim obviously) and I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default Gv SMS and phone extension on iPhone
    Hi this is a question to all the people who have this installed on their iPhone or know about it.
    So I have an iPhone (with sim obviously) and I want to get both the gv SMS extension and the gv phone extension but I have a few questions. First of all, when I text people and receive texts (usingthe stock message app), it'll be like normal texting except it doesn't cost Money and it'll befrom my google voice account instead of my phone number right? And please be specific whether it will cost money or not, thAnks

Also, when I open the phone app and make a call, will the receiver see (on their phone) my actual number or my google voice number? And how do I switch between calling with my actual number and my google number?

Finally, when I receive a call (a person is calling my GOOGLE number), will it appear the same way if someone is calling my actual number? Like if my phone was asleep aNd they called my google number, would it show the caller and the green slide to answer thing?

Thanks in advanced

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipodnew842 View Post
    Hi this is a question to all the people who have this installed on their iPhone or know about it.
    So I have an iPhone (with sim obviously) and I want to get both the gv SMS extension and the gv phone extension but I have a few questions. First of all, when I text people and receive texts (usingthe stock message app), it'll be like normal texting except it doesn't cost Money and it'll befrom my google voice account instead of my phone number right? And please be specific whether it will cost money or not, thAnks

Also, when I open the phone app and make a call, will the receiver see (on their phone) my actual number or my google voice number? And how do I switch between calling with my actual number and my google number?

Finally, when I receive a call (a person is calling my GOOGLE number), will it appear the same way if someone is calling my actual number? Like if my phone was asleep aNd they called my google number, would it show the caller and the green slide to answer thing?

Thanks in advanced

if you have gv phone extension installed, when you call someone the gv phone # can be displayed (you configure this in google voice website)
    you get to choose what # to call from because when you have gv phone extension installed, when you click on a contact a pop up will ask you calling via your regular carrier or thru gv.

when you receive a call from someone the # can be displayed just like if it's your native carrier showing someone is calling you. but i think this will cost you minutes.

to your first question, regarding text, I'm still waiting for an expert to answer that. I can't have my gv sms extension working. I can sent msg using my gv #, but I can't receive msg in my native sms. I've installed it according to gv sms extension's site, but it's not working the way it should. my gv sms extension is officially purchased and mrzzheng doesn't seem to reply. any advises? I have iphone 4s, ios 5.0.1.