+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS submerged in water!!!

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
so i was at a football game the other day and it was raining and my iphone got wet and i tried to turn it on seversal times in which
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 3GS submerged in water!!!
    so i was at a football game the other day and it was raining and my iphone got wet and i tried to turn it on seversal times in which it went to the apple logo screen and then died. i think i short circuited my iphone..... anyway, if i did short circuit my iphone, is it possible for it to still work? if not then will sending to a repair shop help? and will replacing the battery fix it??? thanks in advance

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wort thing you can do if your phone is wet is turn it on.
    If your phone drops in water or any liquid best thing to do is submerge it into a bag of rice and leave it there for a couple days.
    The rice absorbs the moisture in the phone and could possibly save it, like it has done for me.

Yeah you have water damage for sure, not too sure if Apple will replace/fix it without paying

Thanks

What ever you do DO NOT power the device up after it has encountered liquid. As mentioned throw it in a container with dry rice (found in any grocery store). Take your sim out prior to putting the phone into the dry rice. Wait a few days to power up the iPhone. Rice acts a desiccant and will take the moisture out of the device. If you still have problems change the battery and dock connector. If you still can't get it up and running then the motherboard got short circuited. Good luck!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Yea I think the motherboard got short-circuited.... Should I go to the apple store now? Cuz I bought it off eBay and there's no warranty so will they fix it (for a price)? And actually, it's a iPhone 3G (if that matters at all)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ya the motherboard got short circuited. You should contact your nearest Apple Care as early as possible.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've read that you can put your phone into the tank with spirit. Like spirit will oust water from it. I've never tried it myself, but they told me that was a good way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waters45 View Post
    I've read that you can put your phone into the tank with spirit. Like spirit will oust water from it. I've never tried it myself, but they told me that was a good way.
    That's sounds interestingly impossible

Once it short-circuited, there is no chance of reversing what's been done. You can at least confirm that a short-circuit is indeed the case by taking it to the nearest Apple Store.

Thanks
    Warranty does not cover physical damage.
    You probably need Motorola defy now!