Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Time syncing

Default Time syncing
    for some reason today, I took my phone out of my pocket, and it was off, although i hadn't turned it off. I turned it on and found that the date and time changed to 6:something of December 31 of some year a long time ago. I couldn't manage the rest of the day before getting home with the wrong date because lockinfo wasn't working, so i turned off automatic time and changed the date (but not the time) and when i got home, i tried to fix the time by syncing with itunes. it didn't work, (it usually does though) so it has the right date and wrong time. Since time can be updated by networks, i turned on airplane mode and retried syncs (enabling and disabling automatic time setting) and nothing changed the time. If i set it to manual time and change the time, it stays, until enable automatic time again, when it changes to the exact time it was before i disabled it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I hate apple's (broken) time sync mechanism.

If you're hoping to make sense out of it, I can't help you.
    (I've tried... blergh)

But if you have a jailbroken phone, install ntpdate from cydia
    and that should fix the problem

3. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

AAred (11-11-2011)

well i saw your response a little too late, and i already had restored my phone, and restored from backup...
    the only problem now is that it seems to happen again around the same time every day (it's happened the past 4 days, including the turning off part)
    do you have any idea what could be happening?

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    I hate apple's (broken) time sync mechanism.

If you're hoping to make sense out of it, I can't help you.
    (I've tried... blergh)

But if you have a jailbroken phone, install ntpdate from cydia
    and that should fix the problem
    The issue stopped for a while, but then started back up again, so i came back and looked at your post, installed ntpdate, and it worked! Thanks for saving my from another restore