Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore only partially worked after upgrade to iOS5 GM

Default Restore only partially worked after upgrade to iOS5 GM
    Just today I ran a complete backup of my i4 and updated to iOS5 to check it out and then I asked iTunes to restore my backup. It restored my camera roll, contacts and mail account but nothing else. There are no other picture folders no songs and no apps other than the factory default ones. Is this normal or has something gone wrong?

Thanks.

Sounds normal to me... you usually have to re-sync everything once you restore.

Ok so it looks like the backup may have not worked properly as I went to the directory where the backup is stored and it's only 6GB and I remember seeing the slider about 18GB before I started the backup so bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumbows View Post
    Ok so it looks like the backup may have not worked properly as I went to the directory where the backup is stored and it's only 6GB and I remember seeing the slider about 18GB before I started the backup so bummer!
    Well... remember that backups only store your personal information; text messages, photos, settings, contacts, wallpapers, icon arrangements, things like that. They won't save your applications, music, and downloadable data. So that might be part of the case.

I could have sworn that in the past it did restore absolutely everything but hey maybe I'm wrong.

I'm having the exact same problem. The problem with saying 'all you need to do now is sync' is that the sync settings in iTunes appear to have been lost. Sync apps is greyed out, and when I re-enable it it doesn't know which apps I previously had installed, or their location (pages, folders, order, etc.)

I was HOPING this would be fixed in iTunes 10.5 final and I could just wait to Sync until next week, but I'm now concerned that it won't and I'm going to have to just re-sync from scratch, losing all my app settings, including all my Camera+ photos.

Thoughts anyone?

Ok so my dad is on iOS4 with a 3GS and it had an issue and we needed to send it away to Apple. I have a spare 3GS which I wiped and restored his backup to. Wouldn't you know it absolutely EVERYTHING came across! Now I've just bought a 4S and again backed up the 4 and only my camera roll, texts, contacts came across and now I have to wait home to sync everything again and will have to spend another 4 hours setting out the apps how I like them in folders etc. This is ridiculous as it seems we've gone backwards with iOS5!!!

i have a iphone 3gs update 5 i want back to 4.3.5 i have a error 3194 its a problem any wan hou to fix dat