Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Backup HELP!!!

Default Backup HELP!!!
    Hey guys,

My iPhone 3G was running 4.2.1 jailbroken. I backed it up and downgraded to 3.1.3 and jailbroke it. Got to the home screen on the phone (not using it as my main phone, so I don't need activation) with RecBoot, but I can't restore to the backup. Error: "The backup "Derek's iPhone" can't be restored to this iPhone because the software is too old. To restore the iPhone from this backup, you must first set up the iPhone as new and restore it to the latest software version."

How can I bypass this? I need to restore to that backup. I have Cydia installed, is there an app that could temporarily spoof 4.2.1 so iTunes would stop giving me crap about it or something?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

Derek
    I lost my signature.
    Oh, but if I was helpful at all, please click the "Thanks" Button below!!!

If you've downgraded you won't be able to restore a backup. Apps that work on 4.xx won't work on 3.xx.

Even if it could be spoofed I really wouldn't want to try it.

Set up as new and synch .
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

In reply to my own question (which I am answering for the good of the group), there is actually a way to change the backup. You have to find the Backups folder on your PC/Mac and go to Info.plist and open it in Notepad. Change the <key>Source Version</key> (I think that's the right string) to what ever version you downgraded to. Save and restart iTunes and it won't give you any problems.
    I lost my signature.
    Oh, but if I was helpful at all, please click the "Thanks" Button below!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dmklunk For This Useful Post:

Boricua33fly (05-01-2011)

Hey howed u jailbreak that firmware I've tried and tried green poison but it want pick up that I'm in DFU and it's kinda making me mad

Please give me some helpful tips like when I'm downgrading my orients pops up error and something another so downloaded ireb and did those steps turned the screen green and it was all going well unroll I got the 1600 error please help me!!!!!!!

Without knowing what device you have, what FW you are on , what you are trying to downgrade to and if you have your blobs it is difficult to help.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Without knowing what device you have, what FW you are on , what you are trying to downgrade to and if you have your blobs it is difficult to help.
    Man this is very true I've had people asking questions through email and it like ! Dude I need to know this info before I help you !haha but I truly feel you bro it's like we are lost without that info