+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White apps showing up

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
After I install an app either from the AppStore or Cydia these white icons appear (picture posted). I have uninstalled all jb apps and it still shows up after an
    Thanks

Default White apps showing up
    After I install an app either from the AppStore or Cydia these white icons appear (picture posted). I have uninstalled all jb apps and it still shows up after an AppStore app install. I have a 3GS ios4 jb. This never happened on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 jbs.

It also places an icon for sbsettings on the springboard and the stocks and iTunes app are hidden with sbsettings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White apps showing up-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Thanks

I have never seen SBSettings show up as an application on the iPhone desktop, it shouldn't. I have occassionally seen applications that show up with blank or all white icons. Launch SMSettings and select Respring. It should fix your problem.
    Last edited by reddawg; 09-04-2010 at 06:36 PM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Go to sbsettings, mobile subtrate add ons. Make sure libhide is enabled. If u don't see it, download it from cydia

Thanks
    Thanked 18,524 Times in 4,047 Posts

I'm seeing sbettings icon show up after restringing sometimes... Weird

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had this problem! you used APTbackup to restore your cydia apps right? thats the problem. it isn't supported on iOS 4 and it causes the white/ blank icons. you need to restore again and not use APTbackup to restore apps!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have the white icons in the processes. Any fix for that? Andmy music app wont close with backgrounder. How do i background n turn off? If itsnturnednofnit goes back on

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baigmomin View Post
    i had this problem! you used APTbackup to restore your cydia apps right? thats the problem. it isn't supported on iOS 4 and it causes the white/ blank icons. you need to restore again and not use APTbackup to restore apps!
    This is False, I used aptbackup and appbackup, mine works fine

Try a hard reset, then safe mode from sbsettings then hard reset

If I've helped please thank me on site if not comment some questions

Banned
    Thanks

Default white apps
    Ihave a unjailbroken iphone 3g and some of the apps are white only used on itunes !! any advise? ALSO I HAVE A UNLOCKED & JAILBROKEN 3g CAN I DOWNLOAD STUFF OF THIS SITE TO MY DESKTOP THEN INSTALL IT TO MY PHONE? OR DO I HAVE TO USE PHONE ONLY ?

IFYOU CAN USE DESKTOP TO DOWNLOAD CAN YOU TELL ME HOW I HAVE TRIED AND SAVED THE FILES BUT THATS ALL WILL NOT LET ME OPEN ....
    Last edited by dragrace53; 12-12-2010 at 06:49 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello

Please help me with this if you can, I have a factory unlock iPhone4 with 4.1 and I want to instal cydia in it, how do I do that???

iPhone? More like MyPhone ab6324's Avatar
    Thanks

I use AptBackup, AppBackup, and PkgBackup on my iPhone 4.1 3GS. I've never had a problem with any of them. As far as the white icons and SBSettings icon, I don't think it's a big deal... The white icons are probably iOS Diagnostics, AdSheet, iPod Out, and other apps that don't have icons. I've had this happen before, and a simple respring made them disappear from my SpringBoard. I could be completely wrong about this, but so far it hasn't created further complications.

Dan, I have a 3GS on 4.1 and used limera1n. Easy to do and works beautifully. I downloaded limera1n for Windows onto my laptop, connected and installed limera1n onto my iPhone, which then allowed me to install Cydia. I've done it on several iPhones and an iPad. Now that I'm familiar with the process, it takes about 10 minutes. I've never done this with an iPhone 4... I'd research a little more before deciding which program is best for you.

Thanks

Hi I have got White icons on my iPhone 3GS 4.0.1 and they don't go I tried to respring reboot and deleted them and reinstalled but after I reinstall the Icons remain White sometimes the go away on it's own and sometimes they are back from the dead please please please help !!!!!!!!!! Itried and reinstalled sbsettings as well

My iPhone is a Part of Me speedfreak228's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ompranav View Post
    Hi I have got White icons on my iPhone 3GS 4.0.1 and they don't go I tried to respring reboot and deleted them and reinstalled but after I reinstall the Icons remain White sometimes the go away on it's own and sometimes they are back from the dead please please please help !!!!!!!!!! Itried and reinstalled sbsettings as well
    Same problem w ip4 4.1