+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Data - Cant Connect when on 3G

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I have been experiencing a new issue, and want to know if this is isolated, or other people have/are experiencing the same problem. At work where I have always received
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Data - Cant Connect when on 3G
    I have been experiencing a new issue, and want to know if this is isolated, or other people have/are experiencing the same problem.

At work where I have always received generally good reception and data connection, I am now receiving none, the problem is that my phone is supposedly receiving a full 3G signal. This is also happening to two of my co-workers, where their iPhones indicate 3G is available, yet they have no data connectivity.

I find it odd, because for over a year I have been getting decent-to-good coverage, and now I can not connect until I leave the office.

Any thoughts or tips on this matter at hand?
    Previous Phone: AT&T Tilt
    Rom:Phoenix3 Win6.5 -Also Running Android 1.5-
    Radio:1.71.xx.x

Carrier: AT&T

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same issue here. I also often cannot send calls, get voice mails, or send texts. If I turn off 3g then I have full signal for edge and full service again. I have been chasing this for a month! I have fully restored more time than i now remember. all the way down to wiping the phone and setting it up as new on a new computer with a new iTunes install. Does turning off 3G fix the issue for you as well??

iPhone? More like MyPhone bchilton9's Avatar
    Thanks

Normally I never have a signal problem but lately I have lost all signal at times (searching..) or no data connection. I read somewhere that AT&T is installing a 4g network it may be them upgrading in the area. Other then that I have no idea what's causing it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,
    Same problems with my new 3G enabled phone, if you get any resolution, I love to check your post.
    Thanks

Thanks

I was experiencing no connectivity to the 3G network here in Orlando. So i gave my 3G iPhone a reboot and now i have connectivity.. Maybe the phone is having issues with switching from wifi back to 3G..

What's Jailbreak? Sarah Hastings's Avatar
    Thanks
    @socialcrmk : A big possibility is that 3 G is getting out of date or maybe your Service Provider is upgrading to or switching to 4 G or something. You could provide some more detail as well. In all cases I recommend to visit their office and have the problem looked over.