+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sloooooow iPhones

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We have 2 x 3G in family and they are getting slow. One is very, very slow, you type a line and it appears after 7-10 seconds. Very annoying! My
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Sloooooow iPhones
    We have 2 x 3G in family and they are getting slow. One is very, very slow, you type a line and it appears after 7-10 seconds. Very annoying!
    My phone is 4.0.1 and my son's a bit older version but really it doesn't matter. His is on verge of non-usable. We tried resets and nothing. Mine also developed problem when i select general preferences it hesitates for 5 seconds and goes back into main screen. Weird. Can't use setup.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks

resotre and install new not from backup
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

I restored one phone and it is a bit faster. Still have to do real slow one. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would downgrade back to 3.1.3 firmware and set up as new phone. It's pretty easy if you follow the directions and download the right files.

Wessy

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wessy View Post
    I would downgrade back to 3.1.3 firmware and set up as new phone. It's pretty easy if you follow the directions and download the right files.

Wessy
    This sounds like good advice since I see that 4.x version became whole issue for 3G phones. Can 3.1.3 be jailbroken? If no, which version is suitable for that? I want to change service provider and go away from rogers after my contract is out.

Which jailbreak utility you would use?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZackP View Post
    This sounds like good advice since I see that 4.x version became whole issue for 3G phones. Can 3.1.3 be jailbroken? If no, which version is suitable for that? I want to change service provider and go away from rogers after my contract is out.

Which jailbreak utility you would use?
    use Spirit. its untethered so it doesnt erase even if the iphone runs out of battery or turns off. i read somewhere that the spotlight search causes loading speeds in iOS4 but not as dramatically like what happened to your iphone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes use Spirit. That's the easiest program to use that will Jailbreak 3.1.3.

Wessy