Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 4

Default IPhone unlock OS X Part 4
    Discussion thread for IPhone unlock OS X Part 4. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Amazing such a great tutorial. Even complete noobs like myself should have no problem at all. Note - if App Tapp hangs up during the software transfer phase, just undock your iPhone and replace it and the software should kick back in.
    Last edited by usermanual; 09-13-2007 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

my iphone has been saying copying files for about 20min now! what should i do?!?!
    never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

That is what I am encountering as well. Any ideas?

the very last thing on step 2 of part 4, it says remove sim card. what sim card should have been in there. a att or another gsm card. thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

The AT&T sim card ships with theiPhone

Default Part 4 unlockdownd
    Great tutorial-Excellent work congrats to developer and author if not the same- Hope that its working for the fellow posters who are doing that now-has the long wait done something-

My iphones arriving <monday-just one question: in part 4 what are we supposed to do with lockdownd-execute it? What is meant by "Replace lockdownd with the original file and install it before continuing." What original file? on the iphone? what directory? http://www.modmyi.com/forums/images/...s/confused.gif

Thanks very much and good luck!

Any luck?
    Last edited by tris; 09-13-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,806 Times in 1,226 Posts

Like I said in the tutorial...

Now, open up /usr/libexec, and drag the lockdownd file you downloaded in the beginning of this part of the tutorial into it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Default iPhone super duper mega slow after unlock
    Aloha everyone,

I followed all the instructions for unlocking my iPhone and it was successful!!

Unfortunately the phone is essentially unusable because it runs so slowly. I noticed it after installing ssh and the new lockdownd tools first, but thought it might go away after unlock.

I even removed unlock and then OpenSSH (I thought maybe a daemon was bogging me down) to no avail.

I've already restored and done the whole thing again twice. After lockdownd the iPhone just crawls (like 30 - 60 seconds per touch).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Great guide, helped me unlock my phone so I can use it with Tmobile but just wondering is there any way to get youtube to work now that I have my unlocked iphone but I would really love to get youtube on my phone, thanks in advance.

Default ssh issues
    i don't know what I did, but, ssh login isn't working for me I changed the passworrd from dottie to something else. Can anyone tell me how to reset it?
    From Cyberduck I get a I/O error: Connection Failed.

I can't evn use independence app anymore. It can find my IP

Please help me.......

i'm confused about this part

--In order for this to work you must change the file permissions on the Unlock.app. ssh into your phone:
    cd /Applications

chmod -R 0777 Unlock.app

how do i change the permission of the unlock.app ??
    is it through Cyberduck ?? how to do it ??

thanks

btw what's the "bsd" in the warning ??

--Warning-- If you have not installed the BSD tools, your iPone will not function. Replace lockdownd with the original file and install it before continuing.

Default Great Tutorial, but there are two confusing points:
    1.--Warning-- If you have not installed the BSD tools, your iPone will not function. Replace lockdownd with the original file and install it before continuing.

2.--In order for this to work you must change the file permissions on the Unlock.app. ssh into your phone:

cd /Applications
    chmod -R 0777 Unlock.app

Please clarify... .
    and congrats on a super nice tutorial, what attracted me to it and made me give it a try was the level of detail with screenshots and downloadable files from within the tutorial.. again thanks. I'm just sorry I could not figure out the two points above.

Those are the two exact steps that I'm confused with...

Anyone know?

Thanks

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

I did not add those, someone edited the Wiki. Those steps are not necessary, as CyberDuck already sets those permissions. Refresh the guide, it has been updated to be how I originally intended it.

Thank you for the reply. I actually was just about to tell that it worked for me without those steps! Thanks! And thanks again for the amazing instructions!

Default How do I activate with AT&T after unlocking?
    I will be attempting to unlock my iPhone and use with T-mobile for a few weeks. After that, how do I activate with AT&T? Do I just connect with iTunes and the activate with ATT message will come up?

Thanks everyone.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Do you already have ATT?

No, I don't. I plan to sign up with ATT in a couple of weeks. In the mean time I will use my existing tmobile.

Lightbulb Using T-Zones w/ iPhone
    I've used the Unlock.app method to unlock my iPhone for use w/ T-mobile while I was waiting for my TurboSIM to show up. Both methods work(ed) fine. But now that I have my TurboSIM I don't have to worry about Apple software updates.

In either method to get T-zones to work all I had to do was go to Settings>General>Edge delete the AT&T entries in the APN, Username, and Password fields then enter wap.voicestream.com in the APN field. T-zones works without any other hacks. You don't need any username or password. Leave those fields blank.

Now this may not work for everyone ... but it's a good first place to start before having to hack anything else.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

T-Zones works for you? You can do all the Safari, Mail, Maps, etc with just the $5.99 plan?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast