+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 4

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
after i run Cyberduck, there are 2 files appears "Library" and "Media". But i have accidentally deleted "Media" (what an idiot!!!). what is the implications to my carelessness? what can
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

after i run Cyberduck, there are 2 files appears "Library" and "Media". But i have accidentally deleted "Media" (what an idiot!!!). what is the implications to my carelessness? what can i do to re-install the "media"? reset to factory settings and go thru step 1 again? please help. thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default awesome guide.... just one problem
    hi thanks so much for that superbly easy to follow guide to unlock. been using my liberated iphone for a while. the first 2 days were heaven.l then my SMS function went crazy. ther were still new notificationsn and the "number of messages" unread displaying at the home page. BUT when i click on the SMS button, it transfers to a blank SMS page and automatically goes back to the home page. did i accidently delete something or modify something is shouldn't have? or what are the files in the respective folders taht will averswely affect the SMS function?

thanks a million in advance for any help possible

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Rogers for Canada
    I have installed and activated probably 6 times so far and not had any luck getting the phone to recognize the Rogers (Canada) sim card.
    Everything else works apart from the phone - anyone had a similar problem or have any ideas how to fix it.

Very much appreciated for all the efforts done by few to help the masses.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have experieinced a similar problem.
    I am in Canada and have unlocked 6 phones (purchased from Apple)without a hitch using this method. The Rogers SIm worked perfectly.
    I have 4 iPhones (purchased from AT&T) that will not recognize the Rogers SIM.

Here are the details:
    I can unlock using iNdependence / Apptap / Unlock app but the phone says NO SERVICE.
    I ran the latest AnySim and was able to get rid of the NO SERVICE and it was replaced with 5 little bars but the phone still does not recoginze the SIM and calls can not be made. (so basically no change)

I confirmed that these 4 phones where 1.0.2 from the start and there is no other reason that I can think of that they would not work the same as the others. With all the other people out there unlocking iPhones I have to assume that some of them are purchased from AT&T and not all from Apple. Even so, what could possibly be different about the ones from AT&T that is causing this problem?

Any ideas from the more experienced group out there?

PS: I am at the point where I am wondering if i should try to reflash the baseband to get to a virgin state. I searched around and found a tutorial fro Win but was wonderig ig one exists for the mac?
    Last edited by oakman; 10-08-2007 at 09:13 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question No connection
    Yesterday i get my iPhone from Apple onlineshop, Firmware 1.0.2. For the unlock i used a macbook. All easy till step 4. Activation ok, Apptapp ok, installed the SSH tools in right order. But when i trying to connect to iPhone with Cyberduck or Fugu i get a timeout after 60 seconds. No chance to connect. IP is correct, settings (SFTP and port 22) in Fugu or cyberduck too.
    AT&T sim card is out of phone. Same procedure after a restore, no connect...

I can't see any mistake, but no way to do step 4. I'm really confused , can anyone help me please.

Many thanky and sorry for my bad english, it's not my native speak

Stefan

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am on part for, I download cyberduck and the other apps but when I try to connect to the server, it never connects and says that it is unable. What am I doing wrong. I put in the correct ip address of my iphone wifi connection, entered the correct user name/password/port etc... but it will not connect. Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anyone that used this unlock and tried to update to 1.1.1?

My IMEI on the software matches the back of the phone, so people have said that the base band hasn't been modified (unlike AnySIM), so it would be ok to got to 1.1.1 without bricking.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by jkinghome; 10-11-2007 at 01:55 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So here is my deal. I have Jailbroken the phone, and installed ssh. But my phone isn't activated, so I can't connect to my network and use ssh. How do I activate the phone?

Thanks

Thanks for the tutorial.

Ive done it twice now and everything works just like in the guide.

When i get to the last step i get the complete enjoy message but no matter how many times i do it, the phone is still locked. I get an improper sim card message.

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for this awesome guide. I was able to perform the unlock successfully a few days ago. I then removed the OpenSSH from the installer app but later realized that I should have deleted the unlock app too. I reinstalled the OpenSSH using Installer, but am not able to SSH into my phone !!

Any ideas ?

Do I need to take out my sim and try it? Cyberduck gives up after trying for a long time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I shaw online that there is the software called iUnlock and the one in this using Unlock from Erica Sadun. Are they the same or different? Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Now wanting to upgrade to 1.1.1...Help
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlive View Post
    Yesterday i get my iPhone from Apple onlineshop, Firmware 1.0.2. For the unlock i used a macbook. All easy till step 4. Activation ok, Apptapp ok, installed the SSH tools in right order. But when i trying to connect to iPhone with Cyberduck or Fugu i get a timeout after 60 seconds. No chance to connect. IP is correct, settings (SFTP and port 22) in Fugu or cyberduck too.
    AT&T sim card is out of phone. Same procedure after a restore, no connect...

I can't see any mistake, but no way to do step 4. I'm really confused , can anyone help me please.

Many thanky and sorry for my bad english, it's not my native speak

Stefan
    go back to your phone and download the programs BSD Subsystem & OpenSSH. Make sure you delete OpenSSH before you download BSD again. I have found the main reason it doesn't get seen is that whilst downloading BSD the download was corrupted.
    Hope it helps
    CnC
    Last edited by flyingcarlo; 10-17-2007 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is this the iUnlock method?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi great easy to follow guide.... Ive made it all the way but seem to have run out of steam just before the red tape....... Once I have restarted the phone with my new simcard (vodafone uk) I have received the error "incorrect sim" I have repeated the steps to the same outcome?? Help would be greatly appreciated....
    Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Error?
    Very nice tutorial thanks for your time and efforts. I have one quick question. I was downloading all the necessary files and got to the cyber duck section. When I tried to connect to the folder with the login name and password provided by the tutorial it wouldn’t connect. I received a message saying I/O Error: Connection failed. (I’ve attached a screen shot to this post) I also tried the connection with Transmit only to get the same error. Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IPhone unlock OS X Part 4-error.jpg  

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Are you using 1.1.1? If so, you will need to follow the new guide. If not, then you need to make sure you have both BSD Subsystems and OpenSSH installed.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678