Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 156

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 4

  1. #21
    I will be traveling to South America in the coming months, and I will be there a for a while. I currently have and iphone with att and I jailbreaked the phone already using ibrick at add some ringtones and skins. My question is will I be able to unlock the phone so I can use it with any GSM carrier in South America and then put back my att sim card when I return and will be to use my iphone as I normally do now.

  2. #22
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,482
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

    Yes.
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Default Thanks
    I unlocked mine last night using yout great tutorial. Very easy to understand and yes, the "noob" screen shots helped.

  4. #24
    Hey guys - I just finish part 1-4, but after firmware flash and putting in the sims card - I get "No Service". Help?

  5. #25
    Default amazing and thorough thanks everyone who did this
    the tutorial worked for me. Only snag was not knowing iPhone well enough yet - first step: hold down BOTH the sleep and the home buttonS (not singular button as described). Also QUIT iNdependence before launching AppTapp. Also I had to try Cyberduck twice; I got an error the first time. Last comment: please for future users consider clarifying the step of opening iTunes, deselecting the auto-sync feature, not changing the name (or being clear if it doesn't matter), clicking done, then quitting iTunes. Took me a few times to get past this step - but like someone else said, I think it was quitting iNdependence.

    Freaking brilliant work. Thanks a $100 for the free unlock and much more for keeping apps like this in the free domain. Cheers.

  6. #26
    Default Have A Problem
    Hi... Am From Spain.. And I Did All The Process Like You Say.... It All Works Fine...

    My Problem Is This:

    When I Put My Iphone In Rest Mode (press The Up Bottom).. And Wait 3 Minutes.... When Somebody Call Me Or Send Me An Sms.... I Dont Receive Nothing.... But When Is Not Block Is Fine... All Is Fine

    I Need Help Please...

    Thanks

  7. #27
    Default Unlock.app White screen
    Everything works for me all the way upto selecting the start button on the iUnlock app. All I get is a white screen no text, no buttons. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

    Quote Originally Posted by geekoid View Post
    Everything works for me all the way upto selecting the start button on the iUnlock app. All I get is a white screen no text, no buttons. Does anyone know what the problem might be?
    Turns out if you use iBrickr to upload the files that you still need to set the permissions to 0777 or you just get a white screen. I wouldn't have to install 3 or 4 things if iBrickr would just have done that for me.... Oh well.... Maybe they'll fix it later.
    Last edited by geekoid; 09-15-2007 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #28
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,482
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

    Ah, yes, thats true. I didn't include that in the tutorial, because I didn't use that method. CyberDuck, Fugu, or most FTP programs will retain the permissions settings on the files.

    Quote Originally Posted by yuleth View Post
    the tutorial worked for me. Only snag was not knowing iPhone well enough yet - first step: hold down BOTH the sleep and the home buttonS (not singular button as described). Also QUIT iNdependence before launching AppTapp. Also I had to try Cyberduck twice; I got an error the first time. Last comment: please for future users consider clarifying the step of opening iTunes, deselecting the auto-sync feature, not changing the name (or being clear if it doesn't matter), clicking done, then quitting iTunes. Took me a few times to get past this step - but like someone else said, I think it was quitting iNdependence.

    Freaking brilliant work. Thanks a $100 for the free unlock and much more for keeping apps like this in the free domain. Cheers.
    Thanks, guide updated.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 09-15-2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  9. #29
    What's Jailbreak? chefmitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corte Madera, CA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Please clarify this for me:

    I am using AT&T and wanted to unlock iPhone (I will be traveling outside the country and wanted the flexibility of using local SIMs while out of USA).

    If I unlock my iPhone using your (excellent) directions - can I continue to use AT&T service with all features (visusal voicemail, etc.) - is there a downside to unlocking iPhone for current AT&T users?

    Thanks for the answer and for providing this great tutorial.

    Mitch

  10. #30
    Iphone unlock OSX Part 4:

    Congrats to the excellent tutotial. Greetings from Switzerland. I followed all the steps up to connecting to the iPhone via Cyberduck. It just won't work (timout error msg). BSD, Installer, Community Sources, Open SSH are installed (step 3). I Can connect to wireless network, can check ip number. still, ssh to phone will not work. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

  11. #31
    What's Jailbreak? chefmitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corte Madera, CA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dandelion12345 View Post
    Iphone unlock OSX Part 4:

    Congrats to the excellent tutotial. Greetings from Switzerland. I followed all the steps up to connecting to the iPhone via Cyberduck. It just won't work (timout error msg). BSD, Installer, Community Sources, Open SSH are installed (step 3). I Can connect to wireless network, can check ip number. still, ssh to phone will not work. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    are you using SFTP? (under Protocol)

  12. #32
    can I use my old powerbook in unlocking the iphone? Or should I use a mac with intel? hope someone can answer me. I tried activating my iphone using the powerbook and it wont work. I had to borrow someones macbook to activate my iphone.

  13. #33
    Default Unlock
    Hope someone can help me. I was feeling so positive all the way to the last step. The comment "copying files" has been up for 45 minutes. What have I done wrong? Do I just up plug anf start the whole process again?

    Would appreciate any help anyone can give.

  14. #34
    What's Jailbreak? chefmitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corte Madera, CA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Finished!
    Well, I went ahead with the unlock and it finished and my phone still works (phew!).

    I don't have a T-Mobile SIM card to verify the unlock but will test tonight.

    Thanks again for the instructions.

  15. #35
    Anyone else having trouble downloading Open SSH through Installer? I keep either getting something about file size not matching or a download failed: time out error...

    I installed the other two components (BSD,e tc.) with no issues...

  16. #36
    I just bought my iPhone a couple of hours ago...immediately went through this tutorial. I had to start over a few times because iNdependence kept launching iTunes and it would fail. But it eventually worked, and the whole rest of the process was a breeze! I am completely unlocked and very happy! Thanks so much, things will be much happier in London when I go home next week (and I don't care that they are announcing a UK version next week, b/c mine will still be cheaper!). Cheers

  17. #37
    Hello,
    I unlocked my roomates phone with the original method posted here, then tried mine, which went through flawlessly with no errors but wouldn't work with my sim card or his. Then I tried the GUI method which again went through flawlessly, but won't work with either of our simcards. I figured I would try his to rule out if it is my simcard or not. Could something be wrong with the phone itself? I has never posted the correct time on it. Right now it says 6:08 am in Cupertino, when its really 10:08 pm. The phone is "activated" and everything else seems to work fine. Any thoughts on what could be happening here?

    Thanks,
    Ryan

  18. #38
    Help...does anyone know where i can get anySIM 1.0.1 by the Dev Team

    I am getting a error after running anySIM saying "unlock failed unable to files to pach"
    Last edited by William Mayer; 09-16-2007 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by chal2les View Post
    Hey guys - I just finish part 1-4, but after firmware flash and putting in the sims card - I get "No Service". Help?
    I have had exactly the same experience even after completely restoring the phone and trying a second time. I get no service with both ATT and T-mobile

  20. #40
    my iphone has been saying copying files for about 20min now! what should i do?!?! PLEASE SUM1 HELP

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •