+ Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 1

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by vinko Pressing Option key (in Mac OS X) and Shift key (in Windows) down when clicking on the Restore button is definitely the way to restore your
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinko View Post
    Pressing Option key (in Mac OS X) and Shift key (in Windows) down when clicking on the Restore button is definitely the way to restore your iPhone. When you do so, you will be asked to locate the firmware to use for the restore. If you do not do so, iTunes will download the latest firmware for the iPhone and restore your iPhone with that version.
    Thanks Vinko !! This makes sense.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi, I am trying to unlock my iphone with firmware version 1.0

I didn't push through with the process for I am afraid the unlocking may not work. In the step by step intructions, it mentioned numerous times that 1.0.2 is a must. May I know how can I upgrade my firmware to 1.0.2 please? Will the restore process will work?

Appreciate any help this community may provide. Thank you very much.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jansnuck View Post
    Hi, I am trying to unlock my iphone with firmware version 1.0

I didn't push through with the process for I am afraid the unlocking may not work. In the step by step intructions, it mentioned numerous times that 1.0.2 is a must. May I know how can I upgrade my firmware to 1.0.2 please? Will the restore process will work?

Appreciate any help this community may provide. Thank you very much.
    On page 1 of the guide, when you are following the steps and get your phone in recovery mode. Press the option key when you click the Restore and Update button. This will prompt you to choose the firmware. Choose the 1.0.2 firmware file which you should have downloaded from the numerous links provided for download on this site.

This process will update you to the 1.0.2 firmware which is a must for the unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default LeventeBudapest
    I'm planing to fly to United States November 2nd and OF COURSE I will buy an iPhone.
    1. Will I be able to activate and unlock my iPhone in Los Angeles with my Hungarian Vodafone simcard?
    2. Is there a possibility that the brand new iPhones will have an 1.1.1 firmware, or they sell phones with original 1.0 firmware?
    Levente, Budapest

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am still unable to unlock my iPhone, iNdependence keeps giving the same "Failure entering Recovery Mode" message or keeps endless jailbreaking.
    I am using iTunes 7.4.2 (OSX 10.4.10) and recently read an alert stating iNdependence should not be used with this version of iTunes, or the phone can be permanently damaged.
    Any help and comments will be apreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i need help..i downladed per page one the file link download the 1.0.2 firmware file, and i got a file on my mac saying it is 1.1.1??? i thought it was 1.0.2??

How do I see what version my iphone is on now? I bought this today at ATT.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to garmand For This Useful Post:

vinko (10-13-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garmand View Post
    i need help..i downladed per page one the file link download the 1.0.2 firmware file, and i got a file on my mac saying it is 1.1.1??? i thought it was 1.0.2??

How do I see what version my iphone is on now? I bought this today at ATT.
    When you download the file from the link on page one of the instructions the resulting file should be labeled with the version number "1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.". That is the correct file for version 1.0.2 of the iPhone firmware.

As for checking the firmware of your phone before you activate it or hack it in anyway. You can set the phone to Field Test mode.

With the Ativation screen showing and the message to slide the slider to make an emergency call. Slide the slider to get to the keypad. Enter the following:

*3001#12345#*

Then hit Call. Your phone wil go into Field Test mode. Now select the "Version" section. There you will see the version of your iPhone.

03.12.06_G = firmware version 1.0.0
    03.14.08_G = firmware version 1.0.1 or 1.0.2
    04.01.13_G = firmware version 1.1.1
    04.02.04_G = firmware version 1.1.1
    Last edited by vinko; 10-13-2007 at 10:22 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default does this guide works for virgin iPhone that is running 1.1.1 out from the box?
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Can someone please advise whether I can follow this guide to downgrade a virgin iPhone running ver 1.1.1 to ver 1.0.2, and then unlock it?

A million thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello. i download de Iphone 1,1_1-1 software: there are 2 .dmg files up to 92 mb but i can't open it. ill need a password! and 1 map firmware with just documents no programm(s). what do i wrong. please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Updated?
    Just wondering how soon this guide will be updated again. If need be, could I help contribute in writing it? I'm pretty sure I could break it all down just as simply as the original 1.0.2 guide.

Chad

p.s. if interested, please email me [email protected] since i dont check this discussion all too often.

Green Apple
    Thanks

edit: somehow things seemed to work when I took the SIM card out and tried Independence again. When I was asked about the card, I put it back in and then the Firmware worked. Amazing. Now its up and running so thank you for the tutorial. You saved my phone!
    Last edited by kidclam; 10-17-2007 at 06:13 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm Using iTunes 7.4.2, OSX 10.4.10, and a brand new iPhone, just out of its box.
    When i am in iTunes after the iPhone has told me to connect it to iTunes as per this tutorial, everythign looks as it should. but when i option+click on "restore" and choose the *.ipsw file, iTunes tells me that the "iphone could not be restored because of unknown error (1)"
    i downloaded the apple restore file off of this page and have un unarchived copy, a copy with .zip and a copy as .ipsw, and none of them work.
    Help?

Green Apple
    Thanks

is this guide going to be updated to restore the unlocked 1.0.2 iphone, update to 1.1.1 then unlock it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Firmware File???
    I don't know which version my ifone is running on. I know that it is locked and not activated. Still in step 1, when I try to restore when connected to itunes, the instructions say to manually pick the 1.0.2 firmware that I downloaded. But the file I downloaded has many files and folders. Which specific file should I choose when I do <option+restore> on I tunes and it asks me for the file??
    thanks.

atl.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nevermind. got it. now I need to help with step 2...

+ Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789