+ Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 1

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you can't access WiFi, I would just start the entire guide over and do the restore. If it is still occurring, you have a hardware issue, or the WiFi
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

If you can't access WiFi, I would just start the entire guide over and do the restore. If it is still occurring, you have a hardware issue, or the WiFi networks near you are unable to be connected to, which you can test by trying to connect to them with a laptop etc.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

vinko (09-14-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

First time post. Can someone be kind enough to tell me if I have to remove the AT&T sim that came with the iPhone before attempting the iPhone osx Part 1 unlock

davecc

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

No. The tutorial will tell you when you need to remove it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

poetic folly,

Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.

davecc

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Question
    Im from Mexico and ill get my iPhone on Monday. Ill follow this tutorial to get my phone unlocked. Ill let u know my experience

But I have a question... Can I follow the method with a NeverConnected(Just unboxed) or Activated iPhone?

Saludos From Mexico!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cant Restore to 1.02
    Hi all

I am trying to restore to 1.02 firmware but itunes is not able to. When i do update and restore, in the extracting software part the blue bar goes to about 1/3 of the way and I get an error (-3204) saying the phone cannot be restored. If i try to just update without restoring I get a message saying the phone is corrupt.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Canelo View Post
    Im from Mexico and ill get my iPhone on Monday. Ill follow this tutorial to get my phone unlocked. Ill let u know my experience

But I have a question... Can I follow the method with a NeverConnected(Just unboxed) or Activated iPhone?

Saludos From Mexico!
    This guide was written on a completely sealed iPhone, straight out of the box. So yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrivera View Post
    Hi all

I am trying to restore to 1.02 firmware but itunes is not able to. When i do update and restore, in the extracting software part the blue bar goes to about 1/3 of the way and I get an error (-3204) saying the phone cannot be restored. If i try to just update without restoring I get a message saying the phone is corrupt.

PLEASE HELP!!!
    What have you done to the iPhone previously? I haven't seen any that can't be restored. Sounds like an issue with the iPhone. Have you restarted the computer and tried again?

iPhone? More like MyPhone FrogsOblivious's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlrivera View Post
    Hi all

PLEASE HELP!!!
    http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2007/08/0...-iphone-fixes/

EDIT: Hmm now I kind of go back to my original question.. how should I do this tutorial with only one sim card? I plan on canceling my iphone contract, "using" my iphone sim in my old phone, then putting that sim back in my iphone and using iNdependence.. will this work? Will I be able to keep that sim in my iPhone as i do the process?

EDIT: Okay ...basically here's the question... Can i call ATT to switch my plan back to my old ATT plan, then unlock the phone, and my phone will work with the sim?? Is the feature of iNdependence that lets you use an existing Cingular SIM needed on an unlocked cellphone?... or could I just put my Cingular Sim in an iPhone and i should have no problemS?

...basically do i need to run iNdependence if i'm going to unlock it to use my previous ATT sim. I'm already jailbroken and everything...
    Last edited by FrogsOblivious; 09-14-2007 at 04:31 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Yup, all you should have to do is connect the phone, run independence and activate, and then put your sim in.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Update on Loss of YouTube
    I decided to restore my UNLOCKED iPhone to factory settings. Tested YouTube, which was restored after I'd completed Part One of the tutorial. Then I skipped directly to Part Four and unlocked the phone.

1. Just before completing Step 2 of Part Four, I checked and YouTube worked while my original AT&T was in the phone.

2. In the middle of Step 2, YouTube worked when a SIM was not in the phone.

3. At the end of Part Four, YouTube worked on my unlocked iPhone with a Rogers SIM on board.

Finally I'm where I should be. Well, I can't get the SMS for my $100 credit, but I'm working on that!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default can't seem to get the yellow triangle
    Pardon me; I just bought an 8GB iPhone today and can't seem to get past step one. I plug the (never used) phone into my MBP after quitting iTunes and the Helper as directed, press and hold the sleep button for minutes at a time, and see no yellow triangle. The "slide to power off" option comes up; then reverts back to Earth and "Activate iPhone" etc - then the phone shuts down and stays off. So I'm not getting far. Any tips? Thanks.
    Last edited by yuleth; 09-14-2007 at 10:51 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Try it again. This IS an iPhone, not an iPod Touch, right? If so, just try again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is an iPhone. So, I tried with the phone on, and with the phone off, and I tried plugging it in first and then pressing sleep and hold (as directed), and I tried holding sleep and hold then plugging it in. Variations on a theme of showing either the earth screen of the slide to off screen, but no yellow triangle. I'm being careful to follow instructions explicitly. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

It should do the following: turn on, turn off, turn back on, and THEN go the please connect to iTunes screen. You have to hold down BOTH buttons the whole time.

If this doesn't work, its the first iPhone I've seen that won't enter recovery mode. They all do.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

yuleth (09-14-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok my mistake duh - your making explicit the already stated - both buttons at the same time - helped. On my way now. Thanks again, sorry to have troubled you. But given your helpful feedback, I'll keep in touch if I need more assistance. Thanks again.
    Last edited by yuleth; 09-14-2007 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have a question for the author or anyone else that can answer/help...
    I've unlocked 2 phones here using these directions, well, the old ones, http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.ph...ck_OS_X_Part_1

And I have 2 user accounts on my iMac so when I unlocked the phones I unlocked one on my account, and the other on another account.

Now I have a friend's phone that I unlocked, but I'm wondering if it will sync with his computer, which is a PC running XP with the latest iTunes.

Will iTunes on another computer work with an iPhone unlocked on a different computer such as my iMac? Or am I stuck having to unlock it on HIS computer.

The reason I ask is because I'm not sure if there's some dependency between the computer the iPhone is unlocked on, or iTunes and the computer the iPhone is unlocked on and the iPhone itself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is it possible to delete the installer icon after everything is unlocked?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Yes, although why would you want to?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    you are saying that if you know your iphone is at firmware 1.0.2 then tos kip to step 2, but how can you check that without even plugging it into the phone? is it in the settings?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Worked great in Mexico
    JUst to let you know that my new iPhone works great with the Unlock and this tutorial.
    I live in Acapulco and works great with Telcel.
    Thanks all at the Dev Wiki!!