+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Create A Cydia Repository

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I keep getting an error on Step 12. Its saying that it can't find my program, but it is in the Apps folder? Anyone else getting this same problem.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I keep getting an error on Step 12. Its saying that it can't find my program, but it is in the Apps folder? Anyone else getting this same problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Make sure you are using the name exactly like it appears in the apps folder (spacing and capitalization counts).

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't add my repository to cydia. On my site I made a folder called cydia and put the files in it. When i got to add the source to cydia i put in http://scape-arts.com/cydia and it doesn't work. I tried other things to which didn't work. Any help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Am i missing something?
    Does anyone know, when making a Cydia repository, is there something i need to do on my website using FTP or is following the "how to create a cydia repository - wiki" tutorial on this website good enough to be able to get my repo up on cydia?

I am just curious as to if i did something wrong along the way or if i am missing something. On Step 19 it says "Upload the Release file to your repository to the same location as the deb folder, Package file and Package.gz archive."

My question is, i'm not really sure what my "repository" is. Is it something on my website, is it my actual website, or is it a folder of some sort. LOL! I'm sorry, this may be stuff you don't want to deal with, but i was able to complete steps 1 - 18 but step 19 has me stumped.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniel26 View Post
    Does anyone know, when making a Cydia repository, is there something i need to do on my website using FTP or is following the "how to create a cydia repository - wiki" tutorial on this website good enough to be able to get my repo up on cydia?

I am just curious as to if i did something wrong along the way or if i am missing something. On Step 19 it says "Upload the Release file to your repository to the same location as the deb folder, Package file and Package.gz archive."

My question is, i'm not really sure what my "repository" is. Is it something on my website, is it my actual website, or is it a folder of some sort. LOL! I'm sorry, this may be stuff you don't want to deal with, but i was able to complete steps 1 - 18 but step 19 has me stumped.

Thanks in advance!
    You need to upload all the files and folders via FTP. If you follow the guide, you should be successful. You mentioned that you were able to complete steps 1-18. Then step 19 is an extension of step 18 because all you are doing is uploading the Release text file you created to your repo.

Your repo is a folder on your domain where the repo files/folders are contained. A depiction of a typical, basic repo can be seen in the step 19 screenshot. The most simplest for you may be the following example: http://www.stephaniel26.com/cydia. In this example you will put all the files/folders in the cydia folder (via FTP) on your domain.

I hope that helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help
    Thank you Maximus for your advice.

Although, when i try i add my repository to the sources in cydia, this is what i get:

"Did not find Repository: The indicated repostitory could not be found. This could be because you are trying to add a legacy Installer repository (these are not supported). Also, this interface is only capable of working with exact repository URL's. If you host a repository and are having issues, please contact the author of Cydia with an questions you have."

I know Saurik is really busy right now, so any help you can provide would be great. I am trying to hardest to get this right but i can't seem to do it. If you need any of the info i have typed on the "control" or "release" file please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by stephaniel26; 07-21-2009 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks

What is the URL of your repo? What files are in the folder?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm working on trying to do a few things... but so far i am confused.
    Last edited by stephaniel26; 07-23-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I'm working on trying to do a few things... but so far i am confused.

Honestly, the guide is too exact and has too many screenshots to be confusing. If you do exactly what the guide says, you should have your repo. Your repo folder should consist of the EXACT same folders and files that you see in step 19. If it doesn't look EXACTLY like that, you are not following the guide. No where in my guide does it say to "upload the DEBIAN and Library folder via FTP to the "root" or in another folder somewhere via FTP". I have no idea where you came up with that one.

If I were you, I would start over and follow the guide exactly.
    Last edited by maXimus; 07-23-2009 at 08:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    Honestly, the guide is too exact and has too many screenshots to be confusing. If you do exactly what the guide says, you should have your repo. Your repo folder should consist of the EXACT same folders and files that you see in step 19. If it doesn't look EXACTLY like that, you are not following the guide. No where in my guide does it say to "upload the DEBIAN and Library folder via FTP to the "root" or in another folder somewhere via FTP". I have no idea where you came up with that one.

If I were you, I would start over and follow the guide exactly.
    Okay, i didn't mean your guide was confusing, i meant i was confused about what i could have done wrong because I followed everything to a T. I apologize for wasting your time.

Thanks

Okay, i didn't mean your guide was confusing, i meant i was confused about what i could have done wrong because I followed everything to a T. I apologize for wasting your time.
    You didn't waste my time. This is what I do everyday! I'm still not convinced you followed everything to a T because some of your questions were about doing things that were not in the guide. Like I said, you will probably have success if you just forget everything you did and just start over step for step.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to maXimus For This Useful Post:

stephaniel26 (07-25-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You didn't waste my time. This is what I do everyday! I'm still not convinced you followed everything to a T because some of your questions were about doing things that were not in the guide. Like I said, you will probably have success if you just forget everything you did and just start over step for step.
    Hey so LOL i got it to work!
    Sorry, i did follow the instructions, BUT i realized the BIG problem was that i didn't put ".theme" at the end of the theme name for the theme folder. LOL!

So i saw on iphonemodding, which i believe is your website?? That you will be added a tutorial on how to add screenshots.
    Let me know when that's up.

I was able to put the picture where "depiction" goes and link it to a folder via FTP, but i wasn't able to add a section that they click on called "screenies" the screenshot just shows up where the version and everything shows up. LOL!

Thanks sooo much for all your help, you rock!

Thanks

Hey so LOL i got it to work!
    Sorry, i did follow the instructions, BUT i realized the BIG problem was that i didn't put ".theme" at the end of the theme name for the theme folder. LOL!

So i saw on iphonemodding, which i believe is your website?? That you will be added a tutorial on how to add screenshots.
    Let me know when that's up.

I was able to put the picture where "depiction" goes and link it to a folder via FTP, but i wasn't able to add a section that they click on called "screenies" the screenshot just shows up where the version and everything shows up. LOL!

Thanks sooo much for all your help, you rock!
    Yeah, iPhoneModding is mine.

I hope to get the other two tutorials up in a couple of days! Congrats on getting your repo finished!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to maXimus For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Once you add the .deb file to the deb folder, update the Packages file and rezip the Packages.gz, all you have to do it reupload all three items (deb folder, Packages, Packages.gz) to your repo. Overwrite the previous file versions. When you start Cydia, the repo will automatically refresh. You do not have to remove and add the repo each time.
    Hello again, so hey, thank you for all your help the other day(s), i have uploaded two themes to my repo as of right now, but i'm stuck on the third one. In reference to the above message i was able to get the .deb file for my third theme, but for some reason when i go to do the second part in Terminal to create the new Packages text file, i get some weird message that says:

Unprocessed text form ./deb/BlackStyle.deb control file; info:

and then it lists all the info i placed on the control text file. I went back and made sure all my control files were similar other than the description, name and package part and it all looks right.

Have you ever seen this before?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Post your control file for the BlackStyle theme.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to maXimus For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post your control file for the BlackStyle theme.
    Here it is:

Package: com.dsicreate.blackstyle
    Name: BlackStyle
    Version: 1.0
    Architecture: iphoneos-arm
    Depends: winterboard
    Description: Simple black and gray theme
    Homepage: DSiCreate
    Depiction: http://www.dsicreate.com/previews/IMG_0049.jpg
    Maintainer: David/Stephanie at DSiCreate <[email protected]>
    Author: David/Stephanie at DSiCreate <[email protected]>
    Sponsor: DSiCreate <http://www.dsicreate.com>
    Section: Themes (SpringBoard)

It has a space at the bottom as well.

This is what i typed in Terminal (maybe this will help), i am using my fiancé's computer to do this stuff. So it says "David" and not Stephanie.

david@david-desktop:~$ cd /home/david/cydia/apps
    david@david-desktop:~/cydia/apps$ dpkg -b BlackStyle
    warning, `BlackStyle/DEBIAN/control' contains user-defined field `Name'
    warning, `BlackStyle/DEBIAN/control' contains user-defined field `Depiction'
    warning, `BlackStyle/DEBIAN/control' contains user-defined field `Author'
    warning, `BlackStyle/DEBIAN/control' contains user-defined field `Sponsor'
    dpkg-deb: building package `com.dsicreate.blackstyle' in `BlackStyle.deb'.
    dpkg-deb: ignoring 4 warnings about the control file(s)
    david@david-desktop:~/cydia/apps$ cd /home/david/cydia/upload
    david@david-desktop:~/cydia/upload$ dpkg-scanpackages -m . /dev/null >Packages
    Unprocessed text from ./deb/BlackStyle.deb control file; info:
    Package: com.dsicreate.blackstyle
    Name: BlackStyle
    Version: 1.0
    Architecture: iphoneos-arm
    Depends: winterboard
    Description: Simple black and gray theme
    Homepage: DSiCreate
    Depiction: http://www.dsicreate.com/previews/IMG_0049.jpg
    Maintainer: David/Stephanie at DSiCreate <[email protected]>
    Author: David/Stephanie at DSiCreate <[email protected]>
    Sponsor: DSiCreate <http://www.dsicreate.com>
    Section: Themes (SpringBoard)

/

david@david-desktop:~/cydia/upload$

Thanks in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey

i put two themes in the upload/deb folder and i created a Package file and everything. But it isn't working. In cydia in my Repo just one theme of those two shows up. Why?
    And can someone please tell me, where to put a space at the bottom?In which files?
    Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The reason it only shows one i believe is because you have to do each one separately and create a package file for each one. Unfortunally i dont think you can do them in bulk.

Try deleting the one that didnt show up and the deb file for it and then re add it and remake a deb file for it, then do a new package file. It should show up then. Good luck, let me know if it works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok...i'll try later today....
    But, if I create a package file for each one, then there will be two Package files. When I upload them on my server, i can't put them in the same directory...Where do i put them then????
    Thx in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default What does this mean?
    Hello,

I have been trying to create a .deb file on my MAC OS SL and every time I enter the command:

"dpkg-deb -b", I receive this error message and the .deb file turn out to be Zero KB:

"/sw/bin/dpkg-deb: subprocess tar -cf killed by signal (Illegal instruction)"

I have installed Fink and tried following about 5 different guides. The end result is always the same...

If anyone can direct me to specific guide for MAC Snow leopard for creating a cydia repo, that also will be great...

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanx...