Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How to software unlock iPhone iUnlock

  1. #1
    Default How to software unlock iPhone iUnlock
    Discussion thread for How to software unlock iPhone iUnlock. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

    This guide is outdated. New guide here.

  2. #2
    why does my minicom not work???

    please see my thread ~> http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4884

    and screenshot ~> http://mycarbl0ws.com/minicom.JPG

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Exclamation HELP! minicom not working (mac ppc)
    hey everyone! this hack was going absolutely flawlessly, until after waiting 20 minutes and everything going good, i opened a new shell to input minicom -s... and it's telling me command isn't found. anyone have any idea why this is? googling hasn't helped, and i'm afraid to do anything because i'm not really sure where i'm stuck at!

  5. #5
    You'd need to put the minicom binary on your phone.

    It goes in the /usr/bin directory.

    Grab it here.
    [r a y n e]

  6. #6
    Im stuck at exactly the same point. The tutorial can't be complete cause I've done exactly what it says and it says nothing about termcap or minicom before step 5...

    I put termcap and minicom as you said but still not present?!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    You'd need to put the minicom binary on your phone.

    It goes in the /usr/bin directory.

    Grab it here.
    So i was done with the 20 minute step. And I ran the minicom -s command and all went good, but i couldnt save setup as dfl. I kept getting that error, I wasn't sure what he meant by running bbupdater -v. So i came here and installed the bbupdater and minicom (overwrote) on my iphone. But now when i try running the minicom -s command, I get this:

    # minicom -s
    zsh: permission denied: minicom
    #


    Any ideas? Thanks guys.

    PS: I'm using terminal in Mac OS X

    I mean can I exit terminal at this point, restore, and start fresh?

    I'm sweating in fear of bricking the damn thing.
    Last edited by xgunther; 09-12-2007 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #8
    Did you unload apple.com.CommCenter.plist?? If not do so and it wil save your dfl

    Don't delete it from your computer you need to put it back later
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-12-2007 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #9
    Default wtf
    Hi Guys,

    I'm really hoping someone can help here, I've been trying the unlock using the following instructions: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.ph...iPhone_iUnlock

    Here's what's happening...

    1. I've made it to Step 7 and I'm unable to save the DFL file from minicom.
    2. I've tried to move ahead as the instructions say and I'm unable to type any commands in the minicom???
    3. After searching for the bbupdater -v, it seems that this IS supposed to be ran after the 20 minute reflash, but when I've run this from the SSH window I get Permission Denied: bbupdater

    So here's the questions:

    1. After this 20 minute flash, do we need to run the bbupdater -v command?
    2. If so, where do we get, where do we place it, how do we run it so that we don't get a permission denied?
    3. After running the bbupdater or not, should we be able to save a DFL (minicom config file) to the device?

    Possibly a Huge Frickin' problem:

    I've been following these instructions to the letter and I've seen nowhere until I did a search outside this site that you have to save your original 'com.apple.CommCenter.plist' file. I did NOT do this and am wondering now if I've bricked the phone? Please tell me this wasn't an error on the instructions!

    Thanks for the help
    GhostBot

    I'm running this on Mac if that matters...

  10. #10
    I have the EXACT same problem as GhostBot.

    Can someone please please come up with some kind of answer?

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Instead of restoring, I used the guide at http://iphone.unlock.no/ to get the bbupdater and to put the minirc.dfl in the right place. After that it worked fine to save in minicom. I also got the AT-stuff to work after a little fixing.

    The problem now is this:

    Code:
    # /bin/launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist 
    nothing found to load
    
    # launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist 
    No such process
    
    # /bin/launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist 
    nothing found to load
    #
    What to do then? The com.apple.CommCenter.plist file is in the right place (checked via SFTP).

    Any ideas?

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Thank you so much everyone/anyone who made this work and spent the time to make such a clear step-by-stepper for all of us who were not blessed with the skills to reverse engineer the software unlock!@!@!@!@

    Right on, fellas. Great work.

  15. #15
    Default A Big Thanks
    A big Thanks to you guys for making this tutorial so easy to follow. i know for some people its still going to be quite tough. There is a beta application that does this automatically now, i don't need it though since i did it manually with the method herein. Works perfect. If anyone is in the vancouver canada region, and needs help unlocking i'd be happy to help you out. just email me at [email protected]

  16. #16
    I just did the unlock using unlock.app by Erica Sadun (posted by poetic folly). I am a Mac user and completely new to all this ssh stuff. Last night, I followed the instructions for installing Independence, Fugu and AppTapp. This afternoon when Erica's application was finally available I copied it over to my iPhone application directory and executed it from the iPhone. It took about 20 minutes and required little effort on my part. My iPhone is now working on MOVISTAR here in Venezuela!!!

    The only problem is that I had to reactivate the phone using Independence, which worked fine even for a newbie like me, however, now I must reactivate about 50% of the time if I turn off the phone or re-boot. Any suggestions?

  17. #17
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostBot View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I'm really hoping someone can help here, I've been trying the unlock using the following instructions: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.ph...iPhone_iUnlock

    Here's what's happening...

    1. I've made it to Step 7 and I'm unable to save the DFL file from minicom.
    2. I've tried to move ahead as the instructions say and I'm unable to type any commands in the minicom???
    3. After searching for the bbupdater -v, it seems that this IS supposed to be ran after the 20 minute reflash, but when I've run this from the SSH window I get Permission Denied: bbupdater

    So here's the questions:

    1. After this 20 minute flash, do we need to run the bbupdater -v command?
    2. If so, where do we get, where do we place it, how do we run it so that we don't get a permission denied?
    3. After running the bbupdater or not, should we be able to save a DFL (minicom config file) to the device?

    Possibly a Huge Frickin' problem:

    I've been following these instructions to the letter and I've seen nowhere until I did a search outside this site that you have to save your original 'com.apple.CommCenter.plist' file. I did NOT do this and am wondering now if I've bricked the phone? Please tell me this wasn't an error on the instructions!

    Thanks for the help
    GhostBot

    I'm running this on Mac if that matters...
    make a blank document named "minirc.dfl" (make sure that .dfl is the extension, not .txt or .rtf)
    go and type by ssh
    Code:
     mkdir /usr/local/etc
    and then plance the minirc.dfl in that directory, it should fix the unable to save the config file problem you got

  18. #18
    hey i did all the steps went trough everything restarted my phone with my new sim card and nothing works now...

    my phone does not even connect with my old at&t sim card anymore either... any idea what i can do?
    Last edited by cnava; 09-13-2007 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jerieln View Post
    A big Thanks to you guys for making this tutorial so easy to follow. i know for some people its still going to be quite tough. There is a beta application that does this automatically now, i don't need it though since i did it manually with the method herein. Works perfect. If anyone is in the vancouver canada region, and needs help unlocking i'd be happy to help you out. just email me at [email protected]
    Can you please send me the BETA one link.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

  20. #20
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,484
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •