+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to software unlock iPhone iUnlock

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Make sure that you have spelled your local/etc path correctly and have copied ALL of the files over!! I've noticed on several occasions that people have spelled their path WRONG
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Gazoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default This might be of some help to those who are experiencing problems
    Make sure that you have spelled your local/etc path correctly and have copied ALL of the files over!!

I've noticed on several occasions that people have spelled their path WRONG (eg local/ect).

The correct path is local/etc.

Read the instructions carefully and go slowly. It's usually something very simple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi and thanks to the guide posted here - I used the first long guide. I now have a fully functioning iphone in the UK with a pay as you go t-mobile sim my daughter got as a freebie with 40 credit! Virgin pay as you go works too.

The process took me 40 hours and was frustrating beyond belief but I kno nothin and have never done anything like this. Errr the 2nd to last line with 'load' in it which should be 'load -w' - that was a killer - to be told by terminal 'there is nothing to load!!' (After 40 hours!) Thankgod for INdependence and Fugu and Cyberduck (needed both at times..)

As for apptap.installer - my god wot a wind up! I got that onto my phone AT THE END of the process!! via Cyberduck/Fugu by placing the whole apptap.installer (which just messes up your phone - tho not for all apparently) on my iphone and then copying installer.app folder back to my mac - deleting the whole apptap folder on my iphone and then uploading the extracted installer.app back to my iphone. Odd but it worked. Then I could get the essential 3 apps (BDS etc) I needed..

Everyone has different probs tho it seems somehow. The folk who work this stuff out are GODS and GODDESSES!

luvya
    d
    x

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default NO SERVICE Message after unlocking
    First post here...I've tried many different ways of unlocking today (manual...GUI) and they all "seem" to work. I can use WiFi, ipod, camera, bluetooth, etc...but whenever i put in my tmob sim card, or my girlfriends at t card it says searching for 5 seconds then says NO SERVICE in the upper left corner. I have read that other people are having this issue and wonder if anyone knows what i/we're doing wrong. I jailbroke it then had itunes update the firmware to 1.0.2 before doing the unlock. One thing that is fishy is when i do the AT+CLCK="PN",0,"00000000" thing i do get an error but when i do the next command i get an output of 0 so that should mean i am unlock. Thats about all the info i can think of. If anyone can help that would be amazing. Thank you very much.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12