Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to activate iPhone in OS X with iNdependence

Default How to activate iPhone in OS X with iNdependence
    Discussion thread for How to activate iPhone in OS X with iNdependence. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

i get error entering recovery mode. help?

All you need to do is to close Independence and then reopen and choose the folder again.

what do i open INdependence in? im having major trouble with this

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Are you in OS X? You just double-click it...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I am having trouble to open the Independence, please help

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

A little more info please.

iNdepence showed iPhone activated & jailbroken, but iphone still shows message "waiting for AT&T activation". what went wrong? can anybody help?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

It will still say waiting, but it should let you access all functions of the iPhone except typical phone stuff like calling, SMS, etc.

the only problem is that as long as that waiting for at&t activation message is there, i can't run the SIMfree app at all. The phone goes into a black screen & doesn't do anything cus it thinks the iphone's not activitated. any other ideas? Pls help

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Ah, that just needs you to press Activate in iNdependence, or Free My Phone in iBrickr.

i did. i tried both programs on both platforms. both said my iphone is activated. but my iphone for some reason doesn't recognize itself as been activated.

in iNdependence, i activated the iphone, showed success message, jailbroken the iphone, showed successful. installed ssh, showed successful. then i put in the simfree.app, restarted my iphone, iphone shows waiting for AT&T activation.

restored iphone, tried iBrickr on Windows. sys showed iphone activated. but again, when i restarted iphone, it shows waiting for AT&T activation msg.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Have you tried using the iUnlock file we link to in the guide?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

priatej (09-29-2007)

Default Help
    Okay, this isnt working for me. It goes into jail screen and then on my iphone a pic comes up with it showing connect to itunes, and nothing happens after that? What am I doing wrong.

I activate my iPhone with Independence, but when I try to install "BSD Subsystem", the iPhone show me a message "ERROR: Error during install script execution!"

Somebody help me ?

I am screwed. I updated to the new update and now i cant unlock my phone, or activate it.

hello
    i have a problem, when I push the sleep button and home button to get the triangle it never comes, there is only a picture on my iphone which shows a connector and the itune icon. can anyone help me please? thank you

Note to everyone that is using iNdependence. Download it and expand it so icon is on desktop. Don't put it in applications folder. Didn't work for me in that way.
    When I run it from desktop, pointed out to directory with 1.0.2 files, it performed jailbreak as described in tutorial.

Regards,
    Zack

Quote Originally Posted by mikael1986 View Post
    hello
    i have a problem, when I push the sleep button and home button to get the triangle it never comes, there is only a picture on my iphone which shows a connector and the itune icon. can anyone help me please? thank you
    i get the same thing! Some 1 please help. I want my phone activated.

Quote Originally Posted by jaldi View Post
    I activate my iPhone with Independence, but when I try to install "BSD Subsystem", the iPhone show me a message "ERROR: Error during install script execution!"

Somebody help me ?
    finally got my iphone completely unlocked... still not sure how that happened, but anyways.

I got the same message when i tried to install the BSD Subsystem too. Just restart your phone & try in a couple hours. That worked for me. Could be a server problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast