+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with "Call Waiting" & Springboard

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hi, I've been having a problem with my call waiting since 2.2 and still with 2.2.1 (jailbroken on both). When I get another call, I couldn't select the "Hold call
    Thanks
    Default Problem with "Call Waiting" & Springboard
    Hi,

I've been having a problem with my call waiting since 2.2 and still with 2.2.1 (jailbroken on both). When I get another call, I couldn't select the "Hold call and answer" or "ignore" buttons; I have to hit the "End call and answer" button to go to the other call. I've been trying to fix it but haven't gotten anywhere.

Another question also if anyone has seen this problem of the disappearance of the "springboard" option out of Settings with 2.2.1. I've searched left and right and cannot seem to find it again. the Mock Band name, numeric Wifi are all still there but the Springboard is gone. Can anyone help? Did apple just take it out???

Thanks all
    Last edited by aboudiiiiii; 02-01-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Thanks

I had the same issue with call waiting but I found out it was because I had a lockscreen weather widget that was overlapping the button disallowing me to press it. I removed the widget and all was well.

The other thing....I'm pretty sure you need Extended Preferences to allow the springboard option in settings. You can grab that from Cydia.

Hope that helps you.
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

Thanks
    Thanks man! the extended preferences is what I was missing. As for call waiting, I don't have the weather widget but your suggestion merits a lot of attention. I uninstalled my lockscreen dock and will see if that will help although it's more on the botton whereas the two hold call and answer and ignore button are kind of towards the middle in the case of call waiting. Thanks for the pointer

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

When I get another call, I couldn't select the "Hold call and answer" or "ignore" buttons; I have to hit the "End call and answer" button to go to the other call.
    This is a confirmed issue with StatusNotifier as well. There has been no update on it. If you have StatusNotifier installed, you can uninstall it and move to Notifier (it's in BigBoss' repo). The only thing you will lose is the duplicate "large" icons on your lock screen for notifications. (You'll also lose all the bugs in StatusNotifier)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PorthosPirate For This Useful Post:

aboudiiiiii (02-04-2009)

Thanks

Serious question, My itunes no longer recognizes my iphone or i get an error code using someone elses computer with itunes. I can no longer sync or do anything with itune via my computer. I can still purchase track via itunes and appstore on the phone etc. Can you tell me what i need to do to fix this? Thanks

Thanks
    I decided to take matters into my own hands and figure it out once and for all. Porthospirate, I think I figured it out minutes before I read your reply It's related but not the exact thing. I unchecked everything from winterboard and started checking'em again one by one and calling myself from two different phones to figure it out and it was in fact "NOTIFIER WIDGET" that was causing the entire problem. Once unchecked again, the problem is RESOLVED. I thank everyone who replied and contributed and hope we can always help each other with this stuff.

Salam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aboudiiiiii View Post
    I unchecked everything from winterboard and started checking'em again one by one and calling myself from two different phones to figure it out and it was in fact "NOTIFIER WIDGET" that was causing the entire problem.
    I believe that the "Notifier Widget" doesn't operate on 2.0 firmware (don't think it was ever updated from 1.1.4). The two that do operate both use MobileSubstrate, so they won't be an option in Winterboard. StatusNotifier (which has this issue that you mentioned) and Notifier (from Spektro and related to iBlacklist). Notifier will put your little notification icons back and will still let you answer call waiting.

Thanks

I was wondering if you guys experience the same problem in my above post of itunes no longer recognizing my phone while plugged into the computer?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I was wondering if you guys experience the same problem in my above post of itunes no longer recognizing my phone while plugged into the computer?
    Start a new thread mikerlx, not nice to hijack someone else's thread

Thanks
    To avoid getting duplicate notification icons from both notifier (reminder) and status notifier. I turned off all the notifier (reminder) notifications which only allow 5 of'em anyways in addition to that the fact that they're ugly dark blue looking, and enabled all the statusnotifier options (gives you the smaller more elegant white status notifier icons. After setting this up, I tried it and it works like a charm . Mission accomplished (...for now...)

Thanks

Sorry to hijack ur thread.