+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Discussion thread for Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows . If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows
    Discussion thread for Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I want to upgrade to 2.0
    I have a 1.1.4 unlocked iPhone 2G.

Can I use this guide (Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows - ModMyI - Wiki) to upgrade my iPhone to 2.0.2.?

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I also would like to upgrade my 1.1.4 2g phone to 2.0.2 and either keep it jailbroke or re jailbreak it after upgrade. Is it possible to use this to complete this task?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wait, Now this won't unlock a iPhone 3G? Is unlocking the iPhone 3G even possible i dont understand any of this stuff, I've been trying to unlock/hack or whatever you say for like a week now and i can't find any good sources or anything on how to do it for a iPhone 3G 2.0.2. Can anyone please help me with this or give me a good tutorial or something, I just really wanna get some themes and stuff for my iPhone 3G sooo bad. My aim screename is YoUSto1eMYP3nc1L, and my email address is [email protected] please email me or anything i really wanna unlock/hack my iPhone 3G sooo bad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

The links to download the required "BL 3.9 and BL 4.6 files" do not work.

Is there another mirror?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default BL download links broken
    get page not found error when trying to download the required BL 3.9 and BL 4.6 files

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Against my judgement, I bought a software to unlock the 3G online last friday from Unlock the Iphone - Unlocking software for ALL iPhone versions including iPhone 2.0 and iPhone 3G!. What a mistake that was because I tried it four times and every time I got stuck when trying to get the phone to DFU mode. I should have listened to my buddy Aldrich when he told me there's no software unlock for the 3G. I've sent 4 emails to tech, who are supposedly available 24/7 but haven't heard back. Now I have a 16gb iPhone that I cannot use because I use t-mobile. By the way, do I need to activate it before using one of the sim card thingies? I can do that wih a friend's itunes.

Thanks

Default But what about installer and cydia??
    See this is what I am having a problem with though! I already did all thoses steps, my phone is already unlocked, but I guess I need to do the jailbreak thing? How do I get installer and cydia on there?
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ucim2cute For This Useful Post:

xnyash (01-23-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

With WinPWN 2.5 you can jailbreak+unlock a 2G phone and you can jailbreak a 3G phone. You cannot unlock the 3G yet so you have to be with AT&T(in the U.S.). It will give you Cydia and Installer. There are several ways to go about pwning your phone depending on which phone you have and what you want to do with it. The software is very simple to use.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (09-11-2008), xnyash (01-23-2009)

Thanks

Hi, thanks. Well a friend helped me upgrade to 2.0.2?? And I use tmobile, is that what you mean? But, I want of course cydia and installer on there so I can also put the spicy chicken, or customize, whatever it's called. I just don't know how or where to go and what to follow to put installer and cydia on my phone?

Thanks

Yes you can keep your Tmobile and keep Customize...get Cydia and Installer all at the same time. You can do it with a program called WinPWN 2.5

The cool thing about WinPWN is that once you have your custom firmware made you can always keep it in case you have to restore your phone

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (09-11-2008)

Thanks

Cool, thanks, I'm at work right now, but as soon as I get home I will try it out, and let you know how it goes! Thanks again, Prissie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Cool, thanks, I'm at work right now, but as soon as I get home I will try it out, and let you know how it goes! Thanks again, Prissie
    Cool I sent you 2 PMs with info on the program. Read both of them Have fun!
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 09-17-2008 at 06:52 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    where the hell are the BL 3.9 and BL 4.6 files?!?!?!? this is driving me nuts!

Thanks

Hey hrag, I can probably send you the files, a freind sent them to me, cuz I couldn't find them either! UGH! I am sooo frustrated, everything is talking about unlocking the iphone, but, I already did the whole pineapple pwnge thing, but how do I get cydia and installer on my iphone screen is what I wanna know! I mean I went through the whole process, and and it even said the whole congradulations crap, but, still no icons of installer or cydia on there?? Anyone??

shoot! I thought I could copy and paste those two files, and it won't let me? I'm sorry, if you know of another way, or send me your email, and maybe that way it will let me send them to you?
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 09-16-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pilotmwangi View Post
    Against my judgement, I bought a software to unlock the 3G online last friday from Unlock the Iphone - Unlocking software for ALL iPhone versions including iPhone 2.0 and iPhone 3G!. What a mistake that was because I tried it four times and every time I got stuck when trying to get the phone to DFU mode. I should have listened to my buddy Aldrich when he told me there's no software unlock for the 3G. I've sent 4 emails to tech, who are supposedly available 24/7 but haven't heard back. Now I have a 16gb iPhone that I cannot use because I use t-mobile. By the way, do I need to activate it before using one of the sim card thingies? I can do that wih a friend's itunes.
    call your credit card company and request that they should refund you because the seller sold you something that doesn't work. not as advertised. if you want to rack things up, make a complaint to the FTC and BBB. =)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an unlocked 1g iphone running 1.0.2. I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I follow these steps to upgrade it to 2.0.2, or is there some other firmware I have to be running?
    2. Will this erase the contents of my phone (i.e. contacts, bookmarks, pictures, etc), and if it does, how can I back up at least my contacts?
    3. Will this method work on Vista?

Thanks

Thanks

thanks dude! that guide is made by me

dude this is working on vista and you can update directly from 1.0.2 but the backup won't work as the backup locations have been changed since 1.1.3
    Last edited by sayam; 09-24-2008 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

On step 12 i get Preparing pwnage DFU restore information then it just says failed to pwn

any help???

Green Apple
    Thanks

hello all,

i was on the step when it was creating custom firmware and then it finished and winpawn just crashed... any ideas? please help i am using window xp
    8 gig iphone ver 1.1.3 jailbroken
    THis PHone RoCkS!!!!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to alilo77 For This Useful Post:

gunjan.chadha (12-20-2008)